• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Politicians still haven't learnt.."

Collapse

• chopper
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Gambia - Dictator holds elections. The people tell him to p*ss off and elect a former Argos security guard instead.
    Turns out the Gambian dictator is a remainer after all
    Gambia leader Yahya Jammeh rejects election result - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    All failed school prefects, that sort of thing can really cause damage in a young persons life

I lost my prefects badge before I even got it, due to the Biology trip away drinking "incident"

Actually...........................maybe I would make ideal mod material
    Hmmmmmmmm always be wary of those who seek to rule you, rarely do they have your best interests at heart.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    looks like that genius has just read the Robert Mugabe book of winning elections.

Probably the same one that the EU bought for dealing with recalcitrant voters: "we don't like the result so vote again until we get the result we wanted".
    Hope the former Argos security guard and mates have means to get out of Gambia right now, to avoid them disappearing.

Leave a comment:

• Taita
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    More like Rockers or Rocky Horror Mods!

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I can imagine some of the mods as traffic wardens

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    All failed school prefects, that sort of thing can really cause damage in a young persons life

I lost my prefects badge before I even got it, due to the Biology trip away drinking "incident"

Actually...........................maybe I would make ideal mod material

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    To be fair its not real power being a mod, it's more like being a traffic warden. Obviously, takes a different type of person to be a traffic warden but still not real power.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    How are the mods today I wonder?
    To be fair its not real power being a mod, it's more like being a traffic warden. Obviously, takes a different type of person to be a traffic warden but still not real power.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    To want power, you have to be an unpleasant thick moron.

It holds true for CUK too....
    That would explain why MF regularly begs to come back onto the mod team.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    To want power, you have to be an unpleasant thick moron.

It holds true for CUK too....
    How are the mods today I wonder?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I thought this was going to be about the rise of the far right nationalists parties all over Europe and the States but the political elite haven't twigged what the people want.
    Nah that means I wouldn't be able to DA style rant.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I thought this was going to be about the rise of the far right nationalists parties all over Europe and the States but the political elite haven't twigged what the people want.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    So..... going to the people and losing is stupid? I thought it was called democracy.
    Yes if the reason is for your vanity.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    People vote. Sometimes those in power change? You list 5 examples but there will be many more that don't. Isn't that just how it is always worked?

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    So..... going to the people and losing is stupid? I thought it was called democracy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X