• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: PM for Mudskipper

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "PM for Mudskipper"

Collapse

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I still prefer BK though

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    We only use whole cuts of 100% beef from the forequarter and flank to make our famous burgers with nothing else added apart from a pinch of salt and pepper after cooking.

All of our beef is sourced from over 16,000 British and Irish farmers that must meet the standards set by a nationally recognised farm assurance scheme, such as Red Tractor.

Butchers prepare these whole cuts of beef, which are then minced and shaped. Our blend of fresh and frozen mince holds the patties together. We don’t need to add any binders, McDonald’s UK burgers are just 100% beef.

In our restaurants we don’t use fat or oil to cook our beef burgers. Hot plates cook the beef patties from both sides at once. We then add a pinch of salt and pepper, dress with your chosen filling and serve.
    Sad they're still not very nice then really. Although I think a big part is how long they've been on the shelf. When you get one right off the griddle it's much better.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Now't wrong with gonads - CUK grub club enjoyed gonad patties in Copenhagen. Very nice they were too.

However, McD's claim (in big writing so it must be true)

"Here at McDonald’s UK we use whole cuts of 100% beef from the forequarter and flank with just a pinch of salt and pepper added after cooking"

Beef :: McDonalds.co.uk
    It doesn't say they don't also use gonads and eyeballs.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Now't wrong with gonads - CUK grub club enjoyed gonad patties in Copenhagen. Very nice they were too.

"Here at McDonald’s UK we use whole cuts of 100% beef from the forequarter and flank with just a pinch of salt and pepper added after cooking"

Nowt wrong with crispy gonads.

I still prefer BK though, had a chilli cheese burger there the other day!

There is a difference though in using offal and reclaimed meat! The reclaimed stuff is centrifuged bones and is nothing more than muscle, fat, tissue and waste meat that wouldn't normally come off the bone by simple butchering method.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    FAQ :: McDonalds.co.uk

"Are they real eggs"

"Is there milk in McDonald's milkshakes?"

"Is McDonald's food suitable for vegetarians?"

I feel they're catering (!) to quite poorly educated people in the FAQ. So perfect for DP.
    Last edited by d000hg; 2 December 2016, 11:49.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Now't wrong with gonads - CUK grub club enjoyed gonad parties in Copenhagen.
    THis is how I read that sentence first time round

Surely they get inspected precisely to check out such statements? I'm sure there are legal ways to maximise what can be included in that description but still. It's not like MCD actually give a you a lot of meat in their burgers by weight and they make a load of profit on drink and chips so I don't see using real meat as being a problem for them financially, even if they made a loss on the burger they'd be fine. They probably tailor it to each nation's sensibilities what they feel they can get away with.

I thought their chicken nuggets were also actual pieces of chicken unlike most places' reconstituted crud - best thing on their menu IMO. And that they are quite good as an employer? I think we love to slag McD off but they are actually one of the better ones.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    But the difference is steak and kidney pie openly says they are using kidneys, there as McDonald's claim you are eating 100% beef but don't tell you it includes eyeball and gonads.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    How would you know what the characteristic taste of processed, mechanically recovered 'meat' is?

British cuisine is full of recipes using "crap". Brawn, tripe, sausages just for a start before we get onto kidneys, bone marrow and so on. One of the points of mincing meat is you can use far more of the animal that way, it's not just for fun.
    But the difference is steak and kidney pie openly says they are using kidneys, there as McDonald's claim you are eating 100% beef but don't tell you it includes eyeball and gonads.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Yep, nom, nom, nom, tastes like greasy processed, mechanically recovered crap.

HTH BIDI
    How would you know what the characteristic taste of processed, mechanically recovered 'meat' is?

British cuisine is full of recipes using "crap". Brawn, tripe, sausages just for a start before we get onto kidneys, bone marrow and so on. One of the points of mincing meat is you can use far more of the animal that way, it's not just for fun.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I went for a nice kebab & chips for lunch - Tubby Thursday!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Steak pie and mushy peas from the local butchers for me

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I'm hungry now.

Damn it.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    You are making me hungry!
    I'm hungry now.

Damn it.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    They were caught in the 90s and early 2000s using recovered meat of the unsavoury parts of cows. So they changed their producers.
    You are making me hungry!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    McD have been making a big deal about the 'purity' of their ingredients recently in ads. Even mentioning the kind of things people say about their burgers and then disputing them. Can anyone fact-check it?
    They were caught in the 90s and early 2000s using recovered meat of the unsavoury parts of cows. So they changed their producers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X