• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Another Victim emerges"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Women's tennis is becoming less popular now they wear shorts. They need to wear thongs to increase the popularity.
    Someone complained about them showing their bottoms so they were made to wear larger knickers.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Women's tennis is becoming less popular now they wear shorts. They need to wear thongs to increase the popularity.
    And a bit more grunting and moaning always brings in the punters. Especially when it is Sharapova! MMmm

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    yeah but their meat & two veg will fall out.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    MTFU: Stop abusing Nigel Farage, Michael Gove says | The Independent

Weak lily-livered right wingers

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You mean the WTA where there is no British interest that is the equivalent of Andy Murray.
    Johanna Konta is in the top 10. And don't forget its taken Andy 10 years to reach this level of popularity.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Like the ATP finals you mean? I assume there is a women's version but I never saw it...
    You mean the WTA where there is no British interest that is the equivalent of Andy Murray.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I think tennis should be tested . Separate the tournaments and let us see which ones draw the punters
    Like the ATP finals you mean? I assume there is a women's version but I never saw it...

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I think tennis should be tested . Separate the tournaments and let us see which ones draw the punters

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Actually, I do. Maybe you saw the French Open once and thought that's what tennis is always like?
    There are a whole clutch of top players in the Men's game that not only regularly beat the top handful, but at the very least take sets off them. Even Murray and Djokovic consistently drop sets to the likes of Del Potro, Nishikori, Raonic, Federer, Tsonga, Nadal, Monfils, Ferrer, Cilic, Wawrinka, Berdych, Karlovic, Kyrgios etc. etc. etc.
    That in itself elongates the matches and the overall excitement.
    Not sure what "Tennis" you have been watching!!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I see you don't watch much Men's Tennis either.
    Actually, I do. Maybe you saw the French Open once and thought that's what tennis is always like?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied

Sorry but that's not true unless you're watching Murray Vs Djokovic.
    I see you don't watch much Men's Tennis either.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Wimbledon Ladies finals are usually less than 90 minutes long. I've seen single sets in the men's last longer than that.
    THat's because it's usually the same person on the winning side

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    You obviously have never watched much women's tennis. By comparison with the Men, their rallies are pitifully short and the overwhelming majority of their matches never even make it to a deciding set.
    Sorry but that's not true unless you're watching Murray Vs Djokovic.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Women's sets tend to take longer surely as serve is less of a decider... they'd then be playing longer matches than men.
    You obviously have never watched much women's tennis. By comparison with the Men, their rallies are pitifully short and the overwhelming majority of their matches never even make it to a deciding set.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Here's a nice story about a lady who beat all the boys (including the SAS (the regiment, not the blowhard on CUK) possibly) in a race from north to south wales, going over all the pointy difficult bits.

http://www.berghausdragonsbackrace.c...-martin-stone/

Dunno how, maybe on extreme events like that the differences in physique cancel each other out?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X