• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "handy for those that do"

Collapse

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Helps improve my driving if anything.
    Can you be drunk in charge of a flying umbrella?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    +1

Helps improve my parking if anything.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    lightweight!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    I'm sticking to the Gin!!

+1

Helps improve my driving if anything.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    I'm sticking to the Gin!!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Strange. According to that calculator, 4 pints of 5% lager is worse than a bottle of wine, by an hour and a half. I can drink 4 pints and feel fine, but a bottle of wine has me wobbling.
    lightweight!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Strange. According to that calculator, 4 pints of 5% lager is worse than a bottle of wine, by an hour and a half. I can drink 4 pints and feel fine, but a bottle of wine has me wobbling.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That's rather worrying taken out of context

So does this mean one can phone in sick "sorry I'm still over the limit from the weekend"?
    If you are permie your employer has a legal duty to refer you to a counselling service. Where you should say the work environment us so bad you need to drink a skinful at the weekend to cope.

If you are a contractor the client can just tell you to feck off.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    As I get older I find I increasingly want to get drunk in the afternoon.
    That's rather worrying taken out of context

So does this mean one can phone in sick "sorry I'm still over the limit from the weekend"?

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    It can't cope with me:

Are you sure you've drunk this much?
    If so, suggest you don't drive for the foreseeable future!

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    As I get older I find I increasingly want to get drunk in the afternoon. The pubs are quieter, and you have longer before you need to drive the next morning.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    started a topic handy for those that do

handy for those that do

The Morning After Calculator | The Morning After | When will you be safe to drive?

how soon after getting plastered will you be fit to drive?

I think I need a lay in.

Working...
X