• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Woman in trouble for being raped"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    About 99% of Norway's electricity is produced by hydropower plants. Even if we can anywhere near half that, we've a much better future ahead of us.
    If SCotland were not on the Grid, wouldn't they be in a similar position? Norway (and Scotland) have the luxury of very low population density and a lot of rain and hills.

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    A simple message. Do not go to Dubai: if you get attacked, you will end up being arrested.
    And if you do and are attacked, more terribly you should NOT report it until you return home.

Friends of ours lived in Dubai, now in UAE which makes Dubai look like California. They have a live-in maid which is very common there. They discovered she had gotten pregnant and were horrified to find that their only safe option was to frogmarch her to the airport and get her out of the country because under local low, he would be assumed to have committed adultery with her, or at the least to be responsible for her, and face prison.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    it is but Judaism seems to be fairly civilised. Stoning is only done at college.
    None of them are completely over their smiting phase though. The arms dealers won't allow it.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    The Old Testament's a pretty nasty book to be fair.
    it is but Judaism seems to be fairly civilised. Stoning is only done at college.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    well they seem to have got a different message from Christians which is odd as it is the same God just a different sales team. Just as Christians share the Jewish god.
    The Old Testament's a pretty nasty book to be fair.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    You can thank god that they *have* got that sort of behaviour
    well they seem to have got a different message from Christians which is odd as it is the same God just a different sales team. Just as Christians share the Jewish god.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post

thank god we're not importing any of that type of behaviour
    You can thank god that they *have* got that sort of behaviour

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied

thank god we're not importing any of that type of behaviour

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Then she gets stoned to death for sex outside marriage.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
    what if the woman's not married, can they still jail her for adultery?
    Then she gets stoned to death for sex outside marriage.

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    You really need to be very careful in these countries.

I think the Sharia law says that if you accuse someone of rape, that incident should be verified by 3 different males. If you cannot get 3 males to confirm, they jail you for adultery.
    what if the woman's not married, can they still jail her for adultery?

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    You really need to be very careful in these countries.

I think the Sharia law says that if you accuse someone of rape, that incident should be verified by 3 different males. If you cannot get 3 males to confirm, they jail you for adultery.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I thought they were only attracted to squirrels?
    No, some Brummies are over 50% normal.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    They are, from Birmingham according to the reports.
    I thought they were only attracted to squirrels?

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I thought I'd read that those she'd accused were westerners?
    was referring to this story

Ehsan Abdulaziz: Saudi millionaire who said he 'accidentally tripped and penetrated' teenage girl cleared of rape | The Independent

but appears he was a Saudi and only a millionaire

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    They are, from Birmingham according to the reports.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    She had; filthy was talking about a different incident over here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X