• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Climate change is a hoax"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I used to have a Plan B that dealt with voluntary euthenasia.
    I was going to buy a Cruise liner and invite coffin dodgers to apply for passage.
    Essentially they would hand over their property to their kids/named beneficiaries and come on board with whatever money they wished to spend. This would essentially be "put behind the bar" and everything would be "free" up until the point that it was running low.
    They would then be slipped a Mickey Finn that would put them gently to sleep. The next morning their friends and shipmates could gather on the deck where their flag-covered coffin would be tipped up, and their body condemned to the deep.
    Then everyone back to the bar for the wake.
    Still got a few wrinkles to tease out of it, but I am led to believe the the Dragons' Den are quite upbeat about it.

What say the panel?

I have alrady booked pooperscoot and dicktwat on the next liner out of Southampton

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I used to have a Plan B that dealt with voluntary euthenasia.
    I was going to buy a Cruise liner and invite coffin dodgers to apply for passage.
    Essentially they would hand over their property to their kids/named beneficiaries and come on board with whatever money they wished to spend. This would essentially be "put behind the bar" and everything would be "free" up until the point that it was running low.
    They would then be slipped a Mickey Finn that would put them gently to sleep. The next morning their friends and shipmates could gather on the deck where their flag-covered coffin would be tipped up, and their body condemned to the deep.
    Then everyone back to the bar for the wake.
    Still got a few wrinkles to tease out of it, but I am led to believe the the Dragons' Den are quite upbeat about it.

What say the panel?

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Can you also throw in euthanasia. If I get dementia or cancer, I don't want to be treated. Take me out and shoot me. I know what those diseases do to people and I don't want to go through that.
    I am also in favour of this having lost 3 dogs and numerous family members to cancer and a grandmother to dementia. So yes please lets have a healthy discussion about breathing vs living.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Its not that hard.

All that is needed is a world wide lottery that everyone born in the next decade is automatically entered into.

If you win then you have the option of accepting Sterilisation on your 16th birthday in return for a very nice house and free money for life. If you don't want to accept the package you can offer it to a someone that could take your place. It will take about 50 years to correct the population without murder or victimisation of anyone.
    Can you also throw in euthanasia. If I get dementia or cancer, I don't want to be treated. Take me out and shoot me. I know what those diseases do to people and I don't want to go through that.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Why?

You are advocating sterilisation not abortion.

The only reason both pro-life and pro-choice groups would be having a go at you is because you are taking away people's autonomy to have children.
    I think our lefties will be upset by the poor people being more likely to choose sterilisation. Remember all the fuss about "ethnic / Social cleansing" when they said if you were on benefits they would move you out of London.

Sooner or later Jeremy Kyle will be flooded by deprived would be mothers that had their fertility "stolen" at 16.

Lots of successful women who had a bad start will support court cases etc.

I think the 1 / 2 child policy is the way. Unfortunately we need to make it world wide otherwise it will be like coal fired powerstations, China / India will build one filthy one a week while we worry about 0.0000001% emissions.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I thank you

Unfortunately the problem we have today is that we have stopped believing in having leaders that are willing to have a vision that is longterm.

The pro-life movement would tear my plan to shreds and I would be an abomination for even suggesting we reduce the world population and actively manage it for the betterment of those left in the future.

So we are all going to die and we will leave another Martian landscape of decimation when we go
    Why?

You are advocating sterilisation not abortion.

The only reason both pro-life and pro-choice groups would be having a go at you is because you are taking away people's autonomy to have children.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Bobspud for president
    I thank you

Unfortunately the problem we have today is that we have stopped believing in having leaders that are willing to have a vision that is longterm.

The pro-life movement would tear my plan to shreds and I would be an abomination for even suggesting we reduce the world population and actively manage it for the betterment of those left in the future.

So we are all going to die and we will leave another Martian landscape of decimation when we go

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Its not that hard.

All that is needed is a world wide lottery that everyone born in the next decade is automatically entered into.

If you win then you have the option of accepting Sterilisation on your 16th birthday in return for a very nice house and free money for life. If you don't want to accept the package you can offer it to a someone that could take your place. It will take about 50 years to correct the population without murder or victimisation of anyone.
    Bobspud for president

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Its not that hard.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by westtester View Post
    Just remove all the benefits people are given for having children, maternity leave, childcare vouchers, child benefit, those parking spaces at the front of supermarkets etc. No-one should be paid for having children, you might have to right to reproduce but not at the state's expense.
    Doesn't work like that.

The West has too many old people while developing nations have too many people under 25, though loads don't survive childhood.

If you want to reduce population worldwide you need to ensure women are educated at least past primary school level.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by westtester View Post
    Just remove all the benefits people are given for having children, maternity leave, childcare vouchers, child benefit, those parking spaces at the front of supermarkets etc. No-one should be paid for having children, you might have to right to reproduce but not at the state's expense.
    That will be paid to working parents so they won't be able to afford to reproduce so either it will be the very rich or the very poor that produce children.

So its a choice between little Chavs or Little Tarquins.

in 50 years time you will have no one willing to do any work.

Leave a comment:

• westtester
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    No I am going to be a complete **** - you know those adverts about 'No child born to die' well here as an idea - stop having kids you cannot afford and expect them to be fed and not die.

All we are doing is perpetuating the cycle and not helping - we should pull out and let nature take it's course.

And thats just for a start.
    so who is allowed to have kids?

only higher earners? Higher achievers ? Rich white folk etc. Difficult to decide.

Upset my daughter by telling her China's one child policy had some merit.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    [QUOTE=original PM;2333771

we should pull out and let nature take it's course.
    [/QUOTE]

Just as your father should have done

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Let's start by doing what actually needs to happen and reduce the population by two thirds so the planet can sustain us

It's pointless talking about changing bulbs and driving tulipe cars when what we need is a healthy does of death
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Are you going to set a selfless example?
    No I am going to be a complete **** - you know those adverts about 'No child born to die' well here as an idea - stop having kids you cannot afford and expect them to be fed and not die.

All we are doing is perpetuating the cycle and not helping - we should pull out and let nature take it's course.

And thats just for a start.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X