• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What to discuss next ?"

Collapse

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Because we're civilised.
    Oh really!!! I didn't notice.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Not half as funny as NATO yesterday placed an order for a load on new MIG engines from Russia!
    They use them to run the lawn mowers

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Because we're civilised.
    And workers doing hard manual work need to eat a decent meal especially as some of them don't eat lunch.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    Could we discuss the origin of the British Breakfast?
    In the Hotels, I can't stand the "horrible" smell of eggs and bacon early in the morning.
    I like eggs and bacon but early in the mornig, Jesus Christ!!!! Why.
    Because we're civilised.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Flippin' eck, even tea gets controversial round here - is it any wonder politics descends into ladybags every 5 minutes.

I'm off to Liverpool tonight, capital of 'taking offence at stuff'. I think i'll have to gaffer tape my gob shut and drink through a straw....
    Could we discuss the origin of the British Breakfast?
    In the Hotels, I can't stand the "horrible" smell of eggs and bacon early in the morning.
    I like eggs and bacon but early in the mornig, Jesus Christ!!!! Why.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    I'm very pleased that someone is finally flying the flag for Scottish tea, it really is very commendable.
    Not sure if this flag is flying for Scottish tea, but who cares....?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Flippin' eck, even tea gets controversial round here - is it any wonder politics descends into ladybags every 5 minutes.

I'm off to Liverpool tonight, capital of 'taking offence at stuff'. I think i'll have to gaffer tape my gob shut and drink through a straw....
    yeah they were upset by the Leaves campaign!

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Trying to absolve yourself from upsetting the purveyors of fine Scottish Wee Tea, it's the naughty step for you sunshine
    What can I say, I just want to be loved

Tasty link, BTW, can't beat a growler, or a pork pie
    It's best when the juices are warm and run down your chin.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Aww, this is CUK General - nowt is taken seriously here. As cojak points out, it was just a play on words; if i'd got myself a pork pie shop and marketed it as a Barry's Growlers i'd be expecting the same response.

I was actually thinking the plants might make a good christmas present for a green fingered relative, so don't judge too harshly. Tell you what, if you send me a sample i'll be happy to assess the quality and report to the assembled masses.
    Trying to absolve yourself from upsetting the purveyors of fine Scottish Wee Tea, it's the naughty step for you sunshine

Tasty link, BTW, can't beat a growler, or a pork pie
    Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 12 November 2016, 12:19.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    What to discuss next?

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by TamOBraan View Post
    A single search engine enquiry would have allowed anyone to see what we're doing here- why rubbish it?

w ww.fortnumandmason.com/fortnums/our-exclusive-scottish-tea
    Aww, this is CUK General - nowt is taken seriously here. As cojak points out, it was just a play on words; if i'd got myself a pork pie shop and marketed it as a Barry's Growlers i'd be expecting the same response.

I was actually thinking the plants might make a good christmas present for a green fingered relative, so don't judge too harshly. Tell you what, if you send me a sample i'll be happy to assess the quality and report to the assembled masses.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by TamOBraan View Post
    w ww.ft.com/content/c1806f2c-b071-11e5-b46e-3ef837cafba3

w ww.thetimes.co.uk/tto/life/food/article4380439.ece

w .thescottishfarmer.co.uk/lifestyle/cls_features/14767345.For_all_the_tea_in_Scotland/ - Scottish tea growers cash in on new crop (From The Scottish Farmer)
    I'm very pleased that someone is finally flying the flag for Scottish tea, it really is very commendable.

Can you advise how much of your product, in grams, you recommend for a medium 4 cup pot.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    And this is an IT Contractor's forum discussing a non-judgemental throwaway comment.

Take a read of the future IR35 legislation and we might find middle ground.

Otherwise, welcome.
    (PS. Make sure that you don't find yourself on Have I got News For You, I suspect that Paul Merton might have the same response as Barry...)

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    And this is an IT Contractor's forum discussing a non-judgemental throwaway comment.

Take a read of the future IR35 legislation and we might find middle ground.

Otherwise, welcome.

Leave a comment:

• TamOBraan
    replied
    We're trying to build an industry and sustainable form of alternative UK agronomy.

w ww.ft.com/content/c1806f2c-b071-11e5-b46e-3ef837cafba3

w ww.thetimes.co.uk/tto/life/food/article4380439.ece

w .thescottishfarmer.co.uk/lifestyle/cls_features/14767345.For_all_the_tea_in_Scotland/ - Scottish tea growers cash in on new crop (From The Scottish Farmer)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X