• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Seat Leon Cupra 290"

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Is that the sound a £120 per month Passat makes as it drives past you?

(Until a few minutes ago I'm sure most on here never knew it was possible to get a Passat for £120 a month. You'd think someone would have mentioned it before...)
    It was also to point out that the Leon is a very good car and it took something very special (read stupidly cheap) for me to replace it.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

(Until a few minutes ago I'm sure most on here never knew it was possible to get a Passat for £120 a month. You'd think someone would have mentioned it before...)

here's one...

vw passat1.9tdi engine changed at 185000,so engin milage is less 40000 miles | eBay

Milan in fixed that for you Mode.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Whoooosh.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    When people are talking about leasing cars its important to know how to lease one.

Go for what the manufacturer wants to sell you, which may not be what you want.

The Cupra had very decent deals back in September (£200 a month all in), they aren't so great now.
    Whoooosh.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Really???? You've not mentioned that before. Much
    When people are talking about leasing cars its important to know how to lease one.

Go for what the manufacturer wants to sell you, which may not be what you want.

The Cupra had very decent deals back in September (£200 a month all in), they aren't so great now.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    It's designed to compete with the Mini - need I say much more.

The Leon is about the best compromise between price, space and toys you can get. I only swapped my Leon for the Passat as the Passat is £120 a month.
    Really???? You've not mentioned that before. Much

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Had a look at one in a showroom last week. The boot is tiny. Design inside looks nice. Didn't both test-driving it, the Merc A-Class seemed a much better all-rounder.
    It's designed to compete with the Mini - need I say much more.

The Leon is about the best compromise between price, space and toys you can get. I only swapped my Leon for the Passat as the Passat is £120 a month.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    in the spirit of silliness, what does the jury think of the Audi S1 ?

Milan.
    Had a look at one in a showroom last week. The boot is tiny. Design inside looks nice. Didn't both test-driving it, the Merc A-Class seemed a much better all-rounder.

Leave a comment:

• Willapp
    replied
    I looked at the S1 but the real turn off for me is there's no DSG auto option. Apparently because it's such a small car there isn't room for the quattro and an auto box, and having owned 3 DSGs in the past I've no desire to go back to a manual, it feels so old fashioned!

Also the missus had an A1 and to be honest for the money they're a bit tulip, in hindsight a Polo/Ibiza or even a Leon would have been a better choice and probably cheaper too.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    yeah it's a company car so price doesn't matter, I have a certain budget and I can choose anything in that budget.

We have two other family cars at home so I am looking for something silly for the company car.

It has to be from VW Group

Noticed the S1 last night it looks funny, really small, Quattro.

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    too small
    Too expensive

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

Milan.
    too small

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Seat sounds like a good choice. Lots of bang for the buck and yes, it's no eco wagon, but that's not the point of it.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    This is milanbenes we are talking about here. Anything too fast and his falsies will fly out anyway.

lol

ok all, I'll go for the 290hp Seat

fuel consumption for fek's sake, this is a contractor's website isn't it ?

You millenials, you'll be telling me the carbon emissions or whatever it is is too high next

Milan in whatever happened to the world mode

Milan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X