• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone want to receive £100 for banck switch?"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    1-2-3 is still the best account, First are widely ranked the best for service and also give cash for switching.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by kolata View Post
    You all know some banks pay you to switch to them. From £100 to £150, it differs.
    You might have skimmed this from numerous banks by now.

If someone want to share £200 with me I can use nationwide recommend a friend option. So I recommend you, you open account with them and switch your current account with 2 direct debits. Each of us gets £100.

Also you get 5% interest for an year for up to £2500. Overall it is £225 that you get. Once with NW account you can recommend your friends.
    PM me if you are interested.
    This is Bullsh!t

nationwide give 3% gross interest on a flex plus account up to a balance of 2500 which is 75 pounds per year (minus tax £15) you have to PAY 10 pounds per month for this account which is £120 per yer

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    most of those you don't have to do.
    the underlined takes 10 mins tops.
    why do you RTFM on account switches. you might learn something. there are £1000s to grab from banks for account switching.
    Is this your latest "get rich quick" scheme? Find 150 people to upgrade their account and you get £15,000.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by sal View Post
    So i don't have to setup username and password, secret questions/answers, record it in keepass etc. Setup standing orders, setup frequently used payees. Change standing order for salary in business account, setup new payee in the business account for the dividend/expenses

suuure
    Much of that, no you don't. I think possibly even the business bank payments might get automatically updated, the systems are a lot smarter than they used to be. Your new account basically replaces the old one.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    But.............the OP wants a free £100
    He should have chosen an unethical bank.

Anyway I don't have an account I can switch again for a few months....

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    And he has already collected it for switching his own account with every UK bank there is, so have to look for referees.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Nope.

I have now decided to give so called "ethical" banks a miss due to similar issues with the Co-op. They deem it appropriate to tell blatant lies and then you show you can provide proof e.g. recordings, letters they go silent. With the so called "unethical" banks if it is a simple case they will admit they have done wrong, send standard compensation and an apology letter to close your complaint.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Oooh, thems strong words...
    I blame the hot toddy

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I've had no problems with NW since 2007, on an on and off basis. Their online banking is second to none.
    So it is your word against mine.
    I was a NW customer for 25 years I only used their current account services for 15. I was a customer when their online banking was sh*t and their debit cards weren’t accepted by loads of places.

To be fair lots of banks treat long term customers badly as they think they won't leave. The mistake banks tend to make with me is not realising that I always have at least two current accounts.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    So, I get the feeling you won't switch back, even for the princely sum of £100?
    Nope.

I have now decided to give so called "ethical" banks a miss due to similar issues with the Co-op. They deem it appropriate to tell blatant lies and then you show you can provide proof e.g. recordings, letters they go silent. With the so called "unethical" banks if it is a simple case they will admit they have done wrong, send standard compensation and an apology letter to close your complaint.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Have you tried Coutts? I can toughly recommend them
    Oooh, thems strong words...

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I've had no problems with NW since 2007, on an on and off basis. Their online banking is second to none.
    Have you tried Coutts? I can toughly recommend them

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    most of those you don't have to do.
    the underlined takes 10 mins tops.
    why do you RTFM on account switches. you might learn something. there are £1000s to grab from banks for account switching.
    So they are also transferring all my standing orders and pre-approved payees and in my business and joint accounts too? cba with RTFM, if you want the £100 referral fee, it's up to you to convince me it's worth it. So far i'm not impressed.

I have a better and more reliable source of income than leaving personal data all over the place and raping my credit score for chump change.

I wonder who's word weights more around here...
    Last edited by sal; 12 October 2016, 14:52.

Leave a comment:

• kolata
    replied
    I actually left NW this year after being a customer for over 15 years. They are one of the worst banks for customer service if something goes wrong in their systems - they just lie to cover the fact up they are doing nothing. They also lied about my phone calls to them until I pointed out I recorded all my calls.

I've been with other banks who I've been unsatisfied with for one reason or another including one who thought that being a student meant you could be as rude as you like to customers, but none have staff that have lied as much as NW to hide their inaction.

Edited to say: One of the banks I moved my business to did screw up but what I was amazed about is they didn't lie. The bank staff helping me were puzzled why I wasn't angry and I pointed out it is because they told me the truth unlike the bank I moved from.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    I actually left NW this year after being a customer for over 15 years. They are one of the worst banks for customer service if something goes wrong in their systems - they just lie to cover the fact up they are doing nothing. They also lied about my phone calls to them until I pointed out I recorded all my calls.

I've been with other banks who I've been unsatisfied with for one reason or another including one who thought that being a student meant you could be as rude as you like to customers, but none have staff that have lied as much as NW to hide their inaction.

Edited to say: One of the banks I moved my business to did screw up but what I was amazed about is they didn't lie. The bank staff helping me were puzzled why I wasn't angry and I pointed out it is because they told me the truth unlike the bank I moved from.
    So, I get the feeling you won't switch back, even for the princely sum of £100?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X