• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who else is looking for a new contract for 2007 ?"

Collapse

• Pondlife
    replied
    Just been told of extention to May and have a few 'irons in the fire' as well which I may well have to sub.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Mine finishes end Jan - Know I need to get out of this one but dreading the whole CV interview malarkey - maybe I was meant to be a permie! Asked agency to provide me with a range of options instead of looking to renew - they say they'll only start looking end Nov - as I'm in a contract and it 'wouldn't be right' (i.e. afraid I'll skip out a month early!)

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    today is day 4 of the search not even an interview yet

:'(

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    been looking for a few days now and still haven't nailed anything down :-(

Milan 'on the ropes' Benes.
    That must be an IT Contractor world record. You have been looking for a few days and no contract. Incredible.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by Angela_D
    I am between FFM and Zurich. Fed up. Need to move on but I've badly got into the 'comfort zone'. Good rate, fairly easy work, euro-lifestyle of civilised people, long lunches etc. I've had a couple of offers elsewhere but I can't pull away.

I think the Germanics are lazy, bureacratic, old-fashioned etc to my eye compared to home but whenever you read productivity comparisons Britain (lunch at your desk , hire& fire, long hours culture) sadly and ironically performs pretty poorly.
    Tell me about it.

I do exactly the same. I've always suspected that the Swiss cars jamming the Autobahns on Friday afternoon (yes we're talking 2 pm ) are Germans driving home "late" after a "hard" weeks work.

Sometimes I think I ought to go back to the UK but I get stressed just reading the job adverts.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Not usually, but certainly would expect it to be 8am-6pm minimum.

Leave a comment:

• Angela_D
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates
    Hi Ang.

Are you still in Zurich, or have you made it into a City bank ?

I had an offer to work in an IB in the Netherlands. They wanted a 7am start !)!)!)!)! Is that normal ? I struggle to make 9.30. 9am if I'm trying to impress.

Leave a comment:

• Angela_D
    replied
    I am between FFM and Zurich. Fed up. Need to move on but I've badly got into the 'comfort zone'. Good rate, fairly easy work, euro-lifestyle of civilised people, long lunches etc. I've had a couple of offers elsewhere but I can't pull away.

I think the Germanics are lazy, bureacratic, old-fashioned etc to my eye compared to home but whenever you read productivity comparisons Britain (lunch at your desk , hire& fire, long hours culture) sadly and ironically performs pretty poorly.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Hi Ang.

Are you still in Zurich, or have you made it into a City bank ?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Sign on the dole.

Every little helps.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    I might act like you normally do, Milan, and claim that if you are out of the contract it must be because you are rubbish, but instead I don't and just give you the best wishes you find another good one. Besides, where else can they find anyone available to sacrifice 95% of his weekends?

Leave a comment:

• Angela_D
    replied
    How is the market in London ?

Zurich ?

Ever worked in Japan/Singapore/HK ? I'd love to. Never see my skillset there or crap €

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Contract is up Dec. 30th but looking good for renewal. Also got a nice little concurrent job lined up on the side as well that should run for 3-4 months, starting in a couple of weeks. Looks like it will be a good christmass this year

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    nice one

hopefully the same will happen to me, but very slow at the mo

Milan.
    Actually, I was quite looking forward to a nice break over Xmas. Guess the prezzies will be ordered over the internet again this year.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    nice one

hopefully the same will happen to me, but very slow at the mo

Milan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X