• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Personal Car Lease

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Personal Car Lease"

Collapse

• chopper
    replied
    Originally posted by rich_e View Post
    No you wouldn't. You would be better off doing a VT before the end of your contract.
    Finance companies are entitled to leave a VT flag with the Credit Rating Agencies, and future finance companies are entitled to interpret that VT flag as they wish when determining whether to lend you money in future - some finance companies may have a lending criteria of not lending to people with a history of voluntary termination.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Look at main dealer leasing offers as I have found that these can often be cheaper than the leasing companies, if you shop around enough.
    This is our experience and have had a Toyota for over 6 years. There is the added bonus that they keep ringing with offers. Some are just a ploy to get you to move up cars but others have been good deals. We've not had a car over two years yet as they keep offering to take it back and waive the outstanding charge if we take another.

Got a new one last month after only 18 months cause they had 0% offer and wanted to shift some ready built ones. Got a better spec new one for less money!

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    Leasing is the cheapest way to run a new car. With PCH they will offer other people in your company an option to buy the car, you can't buy it, but your partner can. I would say a cheap lease, followed by an indirect purchase has to be the very cheapest way to buy a new car. Bearing in mind that buying new isn't cheap.
    Look at main dealer leasing offers as I have found that these can often be cheaper than the leasing companies, if you shop around enough.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by rich_e View Post
    No you wouldn't. You would be better off doing a VT before the end of your contract.
    what does your comment relate to?

Leave a comment:

• rich_e
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Antman
    replied
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    Um no ... Be careful, Ling quotes + VAT / Generally cheaper and yes she does VWFS. I have two from her. Also she will match quotes. Highly recommended and the site is unbelievable.

Also watch out for mileage, initial payment and over mileage on the contract. So if you are comparing a 9 + 45/8K miles a year ex VAT lease, to a 3 + 35/10K + VAT lease will look wildly overpriced.
    There is that trick with VW about getting the ppm from 7.2 -> 3 by calling VWFS a year into the lease too. I don't have VW only overheard.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    Lingscars dot com are good
    Not really for vw. I don't believe she does vwfs and she is expensive compared to elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    Lingscars dot com are good

Leave a comment:

• DSF70
    replied
    Has anyone used Carwow to secure their deal?

I'm also interested in the Tiguan SE.....carwow were offering £3400 off of the RRP for the finance deal.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by runiuksp View Post
    In terms of being picky is it better to go VW dealership direct rather than using one of the brokers?
    It will be VWFS regardless of whom you use and they will just use BCA.... Most online comments are that they are fair and the rates are low....

Leave a comment:

• runiuksp
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Another thing to be wary of with a lease car is how picky they are when you hand it back. Take photos of everything on the day that you give it back.
    In terms of being picky is it better to go VW dealership direct rather than using one of the brokers?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by chopper View Post
    Consider a PCP deal rather than PCH. PCP has a route to ownership, PCH doesn't. This makes it beneficial if you want out of the deal (e.g. can no longer afford it, or want to change your car earlier than the end of the term).

With Ford, I found there was a magic figure around £27k - above £27k and Ford Credit want to see evidence of earnings and they couldn't understand the unique way an IT Contractor earns money. Below £27k and they don't care ;-)
    Another thing to be wary of with a lease car is how picky they are when you hand it back. Take photos of everything on the day that you give it back.

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    I've started contracting in April (LTD) and I'd like to lease a car on personal contract hire.
    Consider a PCP deal rather than PCH. PCP has a route to ownership, PCH doesn't. This makes it beneficial if you want out of the deal (e.g. can no longer afford it, or want to change your car earlier than the end of the term).

With Ford, I found there was a magic figure around £27k - above £27k and Ford Credit want to see evidence of earnings and they couldn't understand the unique way an IT Contractor earns money. Below £27k and they don't care ;-)

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    Sign up at www.noddle.co.uk and you will be able to check your Credit Score - it costs you nix.
    Or the new: MoneySavingExpert MSE Credit Club - Check your credit score & boost your chance

I joined when they announced it the other week, seems quite good.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Hi,

I've started contracting in April (LTD) and I'd like to lease a car on personal contract hire.

I pay myself the minimum tax free wage plus available dividends.

Does anybody know if I have chance for finance approval?

Thanks
    Sign up at www.noddle.co.uk and you will be able to check your Credit Score - it costs you nix.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X