• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The grand Tour - 18th November"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Finally watched it.

A bit strained but not terrible.

They really enjoyed talking about poo on tv which is a bit sad.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Travellers' Times Online - Clarkson’s ‘Grand Tour’ racist joke about Gypsies to be challenged by Traveller Movement

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by sal View Post
    Or you can get an HDMI spliter for £5-15
    Thanks for the tip, I might get one so I don't have to watch DVDs through scart anymore.
    I think I'll +1 you for that.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Not sure the 'grand tour' bit is anything more than an excuse to have an acronym similar to Top Gear's.

Apart from the pro-USA audience it could have been a tent in a desert anywhere. None of the other segments looked to be based/filmed in the USA after the intro, so what was the point?

Overall a solid 'meh' from me. Prefer the James May Toy Stories and the Clarkson historical documentaries they've done for something a bit more intellectual while still retaining the essence of what they bring to the table. Hammond? Rather watch a hamster on a wheel.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post

It's a biggish screen Sony Bravia, but one of the early ones (about 9 yrs at a guess). It's got 1 HDMI input (connected to the Sky box), a few scarts and component inputs, and that's about it, but it cost a fortune and it's still working so I'm buggered if I'm going to ditch it just so I can watch Amazon legally.
    Or you can get an HDMI spliter for £5-15

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

Mordac watching his TV.

Might be time for an upgrade.

It's a biggish screen Sony Bravia, but one of the early ones (about 9 yrs at a guess). It's got 1 HDMI input (connected to the Sky box), a few scarts and component inputs, and that's about it, but it cost a fortune and it's still working so I'm buggered if I'm going to ditch it just so I can watch Amazon legally.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by sal View Post
    I'm glad to see the boys again, but will keep my verdict until i have a chance to see some more episodes, so far it's more of the same old.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I will watch the next episode as like the first one it should give me at least 3 nights good sleep while attempting to watch it.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    That Top Gear / Gear Nob / Grand Tour thing.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I love Prime for shopping but I'm not sure I really need it in 90% of cases and it's quite pricey now you have to pay for the video streaming etc. No same-day shipping here (other than Amazon Now for groceries) I suppose that would be something of a game-changer.

For people using Amazon for work purchases it must be a bit galling having to pay extra for stuff of no interest to the business. In fact how do you prove Amazon Prime is wholly for business use?
    Unfortunately you can't.

So you either buy inexpensive items personally and expense them back but with expensive items you just wait for them to be delivered free.

Leave a comment:

• Willapp
    replied
    To be honest I think Prime is great value. £79 a year I easily make back on deliveries alone - yes sometimes I buy stuff where I don't care if it comes next day or not, but once you have it, it's surprising how convenient it is. I'll admit I don't really shop anywhere else now, as even if it's a few quid cheaper I would rather get it on Amazon for the free next day delivery. Plus my current client has an Amazon locker on site so it's even more convenient.

The prime movies/TV I don't use extensively but as far as I'm concerned they're basically freebies as I would get prime regardless. It's a shame being a prime member doesn't get you discounts on Audible as I use them for audio books and they're owned by Amazon...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I love Prime for shopping but I'm not sure I really need it in 90% of cases and it's quite pricey now you have to pay for the video streaming etc. No same-day shipping here (other than Amazon Now for groceries) I suppose that would be something of a game-changer.

For people using Amazon for work purchases it must be a bit galling having to pay extra for stuff of no interest to the business. In fact how do you prove Amazon Prime is wholly for business use?

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    I would pay for it if it meant I could watch it on my TV. But without shelling out for an internet TV, I don't think I can (there's a USB box apparently but my TV doesn't even have USB).
    So torrents it is (burnt to DVD for watching on the big screen).
    Apart from the "dead celebrities" I thought it worked quite well. Just like the good old days.
    Not sure if that's trolling or not but both Chromecast and Fire stick cost like £30 and require HDMI. You can also watch it on PC/Laptop connected to your TV. If you are happy to bay the sub £60-80, £0-30 get the means to watch it on your TV is not going to break the bank..

Anyhow, I think there were trying a bit too hard at times, like the celebrity deaths bit. And for 70 odd minutes show it had surprisingly low amount of content. "Test" of 3 super cars and a BMW M2.

I'm glad to see the boys again, but will keep my verdict until i have a chance to see some more episodes, so far it's more of the same old.

As for the Amazon prime subscription requirement to watch the show, if you are even remotely inclined to do internet shopping, you should get it anyway, especially if you live in the areas covered by same day deliveries, like most (all?) of London.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    What a great film Brazil is.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I would pay for it if it meant I could watch it on my TV. But without shelling out for an internet TV, I don't think I can (there's a USB box apparently but my TV doesn't even have USB).
    So torrents it is (burnt to DVD for watching on the big screen).
    Apart from the "dead celebrities" I thought it worked quite well. Just like the good old days.

Mordac watching his TV.

Might be time for an upgrade.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X