• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Team GB at Olympics"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Wow, can't believe Mo managed that.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I assumed if they did badly their funding would be raised?
    Nope.

You reach or beat your medal goals then the sport is eligible for and gets more funding when it applies for it from the National Lottery.

One reason cycling ensures it peaks at the Olympics and does badly in the 18 months before.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Track and field are going to get their lottery funding cut due to under performing.
    I assumed if they did badly their funding would be raised?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    The athletics side of Team GB have not done well in terms of medals, but have been unlucky several times.
    Track and field are going to get their lottery funding cut due to under performing.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by The Plantswoman View Post

The thought of hurtling down a twisty mountain pass at 70mph with a micrometer of lycra for protection just makes my hands go clammy.
    Cool Runnings!

If I lived in a cold country I know what sport I would have been doing.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by The Plantswoman View Post
    And the cojones.

The thought of hurtling down a twisty mountain pass at 70mph with a micrometer of lycra for protection just makes my hands go clammy.
    Ah, now that's the fun bit

It's the getting up there to begin with that I struggle with.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
    Feck me. And your parents wasted thousands on a private school education. They must be gutted.
    Probably not as half as upset as yours must be.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Team GB at Olympics

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    They could all run quicker than FLC. He gave up after 3 hours. It would have been 3 minutes if he could run quicker than them.

According to the Internet, he could cover 720 metres in 3 hours.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Was that not a "Try it on"?

They could all run quicker than FLC. He gave up after 3 hours. It would have been 3 minutes if he could run quicker than them.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    My last triathlon with NLyUK, AndyW's mum and Bee lasted three hours
    Was that not a "Try it on"?

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I helped him carry his argument through and concluded that the totem of the NHS was to be used as the weapon of manipulation for totalitarianism.
    Feck me. And your parents wasted thousands on a private school education. They must be gutted.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    And then you woke up...

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Did they lock you out for 2 hours 59 minutes?

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Here's a bunch of kids with Alister Brownlee at aforementioned fell run. The organisers do an excellent job with the kids year after year just because they want to. It can't harm those kids to know they're following the same path an olympic champion cut his teeth on, might just plant a seed in their minds...

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    I'm guessing FLC isn't reading this thread.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X