• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What to do if you just started a contract and want out?"

Collapse

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by sharepointguy View Post
    I'm from Canada and we prefer moose there. Definitely more of a challenge.
    I have a feeling, you will fit in here just fine

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Don't worry. I'll be back in the saddle in October. Rest assure the cavalry is coming.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the input. This contract definitely will end up being a waste of time but I can see the benefits of sticking it out and then moving on once it's done. I have spoken to other contractors who have bailed soon into a contract but that's just a limited sample, and clearly it's generally not the done thing unless there is a really serious reason.

I also like how this thread didn't take long to take a tangent into donkey balls and sheep shagging. I leave that to you guys, the experts. I'm from Canada and we prefer moose there. Definitely more of a challenge.

Also, someone said this wasn't the right place to post this. So where is?
    If you don't want things to go off topic and require no advice on moose-moistening, then posting this sort of question in the contracts area is far safer. General invites tangents and innuendo, as Mordac's hint at straddling moose alludes to.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the input. This contract definitely will end up being a waste of time but I can see the benefits of sticking it out and then moving on once it's done. I have spoken to other contractors who have bailed soon into a contract but that's just a limited sample, and clearly it's generally not the done thing unless there is a really serious reason.

I also like how this thread didn't take long to take a tangent into donkey balls and sheep shagging. I leave that to you guys, the experts. I'm from Canada and we prefer moose there. Definitely more of a challenge.

Moose? Now you're talking. Tipping my hat to you for even trying that one. Most of the wannabes on here sh1t themselves at the sight of a horny goat, so well done.
    To answer your serious Q, check out the sub-forums (Business/Contracts) and (Accountancy/Legal). Your situation may well straddle both (contract issue plus legal issue) but you will get far more sympathetic treatment there.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• sharepointguy
    replied
    Hey guys,

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    And number 1?

He should really be more side on - mules kick when their balls are grabbed.

Incidentally, the best way to shag a sheep is at the edge of a cliff with their hooves in your wellies - it is all about the kick-back and traction
    TMI

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    [QUOTE=northernladuk;2294526]Well I know him from here and I've met him and he looks the perfect well educated gentleman. You wouldn't imagine Donkey Balls are in his vocabulary so it's amusing to see him use it on here. It's like meeting TestMangler and then seeing him string a sentence on here that doesn't contain the F or C bomb.

And number 1?

He should really be more side on - mules kick when their balls are grabbed.

Incidentally, the best way to shag a sheep is at the edge of a cliff with their hooves in your wellies - it is all about the kick-back and traction.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    ok two questions

1. How do you know what Donkey Balls look like well enough to identify them on their own.
    2. How well do you know NF?
    Well I know him from here and I've met him and he looks the perfect well educated gentleman. You wouldn't imagine Donkey Balls are in his vocabulary so it's amusing to see him use it on here. It's like meeting TestMangler and then seeing him string a sentence on here that doesn't contain the F or C bomb.

And number 1?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    You never went to Blackpool as a kid then, clearly.
    nope soft southerner me

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    ok two questions

1. How do you know what Donkey Balls look like well enough to identify them on their own.
    You never went to Blackpool as a kid then, clearly.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Don't worry. I'll be back in the saddle in October. Rest assure the cavalry is coming.
    Hopefully you will kick off a Richard Cranium style thread that will fascinate us for hours

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    NF saying Donkey Balls in the forum kinda tickles me. Maybe you've got to meet him for it to make sense
    ok two questions

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I've never found Suity to be an opportunity for self-improvement.
    Persevere, I hear he's a slow burner

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    That's exactly what Suity has been telling himself for years
    I've never found Suity to be an opportunity for self-improvement.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    At my current gig, I replaced a contractor who'd decided he wanted out because he didn't like working away from home. I think he'd been there about a month, and the project is supposed to run to about the end of the year, but that worked for him as a get-out clause.

Of course if you live next-door-but-one to your client that particular line may not work for you, but the point is you can probably find something that sounds reasonable and allows you to make your excuses and leave while diplomatically avoiding the "This place sucks donkey balls, I'm off" approach
    Yep, the homesick card can be played, but it does limit future gigs somewhat.

We're not worried, but the horses are crapping themselves.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X