• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Interesting clientco situation!"

Collapse

• GB9
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Interesting?

When was the dictionary definition of interesting changed to utterly boring and tedious....
    The day after the Remnants lost the vote.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Wilmslow! <Canned laughter>
    FTFY - pro-bono

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Interesting?

When was the dictionary definition of interesting changed to utterly boring and tedious....
    Wilmslow!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Interesting?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Had an email from an agent last night about a diluted version of my current contract with a third of the rate. This role would report to myself, but I have not heard anything about it.

While I am in a public sector project I am working for a tin-pot 2 man consultancy who needed my skillset to get things progressed. I am contracted to November with a weeks notice. I have good processes and shaped things up well over my five weeks here, there is now a good roadmap for a better chance of success.

Either the public sector HR are trying to swap me for a cheaper version, or the consultancy I am working for are trying to swap me out to pocket a heck of a difference for themselves.

I am looking but to be honest am ready for a good holiday. Last time I work for a small firm – lesson learnt.
    It won't be that, public sector HR are not even close to being that imaginative. There's no reason for them even to know your rate, unless the consultancy invoice is fully itemised.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    And how are you doing, old doggy?
    I'm good, just been extended for another 6 months. Been here the best part of 4 years now.

This company started as a 2 man consultancy, in a garage, in what became known as Silicon Valley.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Yep, aggro indeed. Thankfully I am through a good agent who pays weekly so the money is coming through. I would not have taken the role otherwise. My agent seem to know nothing but I will bide out the week and see what happens if anything. Even a graduate would not work for pro-rata council salary on a day rate.
    The agent has the advert but knows nothing?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Another contract about to go titsup? Quelle surprise!
    And how are you doing, old doggy?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Yep, aggro indeed. Thankfully I am through a good agent who pays weekly so the money is coming through. I would not have taken the role otherwise. My agent seem to know nothing but I will bide out the week and see what happens if anything. Even a graduate would not work for pro-rata council salary on a day rate.
    Another contract about to go titsup? Quelle surprise!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I am working for a tin-pot 2 man consultancy who needed my skillet
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    And where exactly IS this burger van??
    Makes more sense when you correct his spelling.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

While I am in a public sector project I am working for a tin-pot 2 man consultancy who needed my skillset
    them bins aren't going to empty themselves

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Dan's DIY store:

173 Moor Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 6DN

HTH
    Drop him some spare change as well so he can treat himself.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Dan's DIY store:

173 Moor Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 6DN

HTH

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I am working for a tin-pot 2 man consultancy who needed my skillset

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Wilslow Interesting does not correspond to other peoples definition of interesting.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X