• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Should we arm all UK police with guns?"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    As long as you're not sitting behind me, desperately rooting around for your tissues, which you KNOW you left behind on the bus again.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I think Blair speeches would be more appropriate - we don't want to excite people.
    they are probably already lying scumbags who start violence(the perps not the brexiteers), we want them to love the Uk not hate it and rip it off.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I have a better idea , incarcerate them in a cinema and force them to watch videos of Margaret Thatcher speeches
    I think Blair speeches would be more appropriate - we don't want to excite people.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I have a better idea , incarcerate them in a cinema and force them to watch videos of Margaret Thatcher speeches
    As long as you're not sitting behind me, desperately rooting around for your tissues, which you KNOW you left behind on the bus again.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    indeed a dedicated VR team & drones equipped with gas & tazers.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I am all for arming anyone as long as it means cleansing the country of wailing self loathing, brit loathing liberals
    Now we see the violent ideology of the Brexit camp.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Too indiscriminate, may as well let the perp blow the place up.

Drones with tazers or newer wider area tech is the way forward. They can be on guard everywhere a lot easier than armed law enforcers. Just hope they get the AI right if not letting CCTV operators control them in public areas.
    indeed a dedicated VR team & drones equipped with gas & tazers.

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm Buggeridge
    replied
    I am all for arming anyone as long as it means cleansing the country of wailing self loathing, brit loathing liberals
    + hippies

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm Buggeridge
    replied
    Maybe if we had more bobbies on the beat to nip things in the bud with a clip round the ear we wouldn't need robocop.

Just a thought....

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Reports of gunfire will generate an armed response from the Police who will generally get there just as quickly as their unarmed colleagues.
    Not that I think routine arming is a good thing (Sidearms are gonna be pretty useless against a couple of AK-47 wielding terrorists), but this is absolutely untrue. There's an appalling shortage of armed officers and in some parts of the country you're talking a serious wait before anyone turns up.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Welcome back. You've not been missed.
    You are a liar my love.

"Quem desdenha quer comprar" Try to figure it out this one.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    They can hide the gun in their briefs.
    Welcome back. You've not been missed.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    You are making the assumption that the Police want to be armed. The vast majority don't. My youngest brother is a Copper and has been a firearms Officer.

Being able to deal with an armed individual intent on killing civilians depends on having an armed response at the scene when they fire the first shot. Thats unlikely to happen given the numbers of Police we actually have. Reports of gunfire will generate an armed response from the Police who will generally get there just as quickly as their unarmed colleagues.

Having armed police on the streets in Germany didn't stop the latest nutter, nor did it make a difference in France with the Charlie Hebdo shootings or the Bataclan theatre shootings.
    They can hide the gun in their briefs.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Send them a link to sascretin's posts.
    Wouldn't work. You'd have legions of lawyers converging on you with Human Rights Abuses cases coming out of their ears!
    No amount of fresh plump Virgins would be enough to endure even a tiny fraction of his tedious gibberish!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X