• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Health and Dental Insurance"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

@OP - Is your girlfriend British? or European?

Pervert

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You posted a serious question in General.
    He is relatively new to understand the "environment" in General. Stop this newbie bullying

@OP - Is your girlfriend British? or European?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisFromGreece View Post
    First answer was helpful and I joked about it.... but someone didn't get it and attacked that I don't need to be sarcastic.
    You posted a serious question in General.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisFromGreece
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    FWIW I just got a quote from WPA
    Medical Cover for contractors from WPA :: Contractor UK

25% of the price of BUPA for a family of four - Bupa wanted £600 p/m!
    Although doesnt include pre-exsiting conditions and excludes some central london hospitals.
    It can go through the Ltd Co or pay personally.
    Thank you Sir!

Leave a comment:

• ChrisFromGreece
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    I thought so too, still I'm sure once he has all his questions answered we are not likely to see the OP again.

I have one important question for the OP, however, do you like Gladiators?
    First answer was helpful and I joked about it.... but someone didn't get it and attacked that I don't need to be sarcastic.

I will try to help newcomers as well, once I know more about things work as a contractor.

Yes I do like Gladiators

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Hi,

Currently as a permie, I have private health and dental insurance paid by my employer.

As a contractor, I would like to go for the same through my LTD.

Do I need to go for a business insurance scheme or an individual one?

Also, any one you would suggest?

Thanks,
    Chris.
    FWIW I just got a quote from WPA
    Medical Cover for contractors from WPA :: Contractor UK

25% of the price of BUPA for a family of four - Bupa wanted £600 p/m!
    Although doesnt include pre-exsiting conditions and excludes some central london hospitals.
    It can go through the Ltd Co or pay personally.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Unless I missed something, NLUK's post was quite helpful - he provided a search link, and a link to a guide.
    I thought so too, still I'm sure once he has all his questions answered we are not likely to see the OP again.

I have one important question for the OP, however, do you like Gladiators?

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I've been a member of multiple forums with thousands of posts as well, .
    It's a shame that the admin made you a mod here ...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Unless I missed something, NLUK's post was quite helpful - he provided a search link, and a link to a guide.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    So you can't ask questions, then yo...
    I have been extremely polite in my few posts in here but have been a member of multiple forums with thousands of posts... so my humble suggestion, get off your high horses and start helping newcomers even if something has been answered a trillion times. If you feel like telling someone off... just move to the next post and don't bother replying as you are not adding ANY value.
    I've been a member of multiple forums with thousands of posts as well, and I can't think of any where FAQs are well-received.

Generally, I find that people who ask FAQs/don't search before posting tend to be treated rather brusquely, and this forum is no different. I also have read in many places posts from newish members, complaining the forum doesn't work like they'd like it to, and people don't respond to them the way they would like - which I find a bit arrogant.

The correct place for your post would have been Accounting and Legal, since it's something that would be paid for by the company.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    It's certainly different to both mumsnet and the immigration forums for a start.

Try asking a basic question on those two and see what happens to you
    Are you still active on IB? batleykhan is looking for you

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    You've got to remember as well we are supposed to be professionals and experts in our fields, not just one supporting the general population so you'd think the forums will work slightly different to others. It's certainly different to both mumsnet and the immigration forums for a start.

Try asking a basic question on those two and see what happens to you

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    So you can't ask questions, then you can't be affirmative, then am lucky that someone is bothered answering my questions...

Maybe you need to rethink what this forum is about???
    This forum is providing advice for free.

If you ask a question that has been asked lots of times before on the weekend when the helpful accountants etc aren't here so you risk your post never being answered. This could be due to a few posters posting more interesting questions later than you which require more complex answers so your question gets ignored.

Hence the advice to search isn't being rude it's being practical as it gives you an answer.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisFromGreece
    replied
    None of the Business or Accounting categories made sense to me for the topic, so I defaulted to the General one.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    But you've posted in General which is a bear pit. You should have posted in the professional forums Accounting or Business where there is moderation.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X