• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brexiters prepare lube"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Thank the Lord!

I've got nearly £1m (leveraged) on a massive Pound short position. Was starting to sheet myself....

Private island here I come!

I hope you move into gold before June 23rd.....

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    Halle Berry with a strap-on you say? Not the worse outcome I could think of.

Leave a comment:

• oliverson
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    To be fair it depends on the pub. The one that always got me was the one outside Leeds station. Used to walk past it on the way to an ex-client. 8:00 am every morning and always the same faces stood outside with a pint of lager in one hand and a fag in the other.
    Was that the Leeds United football team?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Supposed that might just validate a trip to Newry. Can't think of any other reasons for going there.
    Fireworks and smoky coal.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Yep, I put down £1 and borrowed the other £9 from AtW. The dirty money lender.
    U vil breng bak 10000 Deutsche Marks on 24th or ze Civic getz it.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    To be fair it depends on the pub. The one that always got me was the one outside Leeds station. Used to walk past it on the way to an ex-client. 8:00 am every morning and always the same faces stood outside with a pint of lager in one hand and a fag in the other.
    'Spoons can have some jolly interesting clientele, but generally I rather like them and you know that you can get a pint of cask ale. In fact the last one I visited had pints of cask at £1.65.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Leveraged.
    Yep, I put down £1 and borrowed the other £9 from AtW. The dirty money lender.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I just need to get the timing right for my next booze run to Sainsbury's, Newry.
    Supposed that might just validate a trip to Newry. Can't think of any other reasons for going there.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I might have exaggerated somewhat, I actually have a £10 bet at the local bookies.
    Leveraged.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    I have the impression this is intended as an insult, but I quite like Wetherspoons.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    I do hope that you have hedged it properly or else you are stuffed if it goes the other way.
    I might have exaggerated somewhat, I actually have a £10 bet at the local bookies.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    That's why I probably wouldn't short after brexit. Buy the rumour, sell the fact.
    Yep, if I were to guess, I'd expect a bounce, but it may not be particularly large or long-lived (unlike a Brexit, which would result in a profound and sustained decline). It depends on the margin of victory. A close Bremain will raise questions about the sustainability of the current Gov't.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Natural haunt of the native Brexiter.
    I have the impression this is intended as an insult, but I quite like Wetherspoons.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Meh. Fine by me, I mainly export. The Pound will find an appropriate level. Bear in mind, Cable is down 15% from the July 2014 high anyway, and 30% down from the pre-crash peak. Even if there's a Bremain, the Pound is likely to decline in the medium-term, following an initial spike up. Currencies move. Nothing to see here, unless you're "economically illiterate"

That's why I probably wouldn't short after brexit. Buy the rumour, sell the fact.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Thank the Lord!

I've got nearly £1m (leveraged) on a massive Pound short position. Was starting to sheet myself....

Private island here I come!

I do hope that you have hedged it properly or else you are stuffed if it goes the other way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X