• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "So I was speaking to an Italian recruitment agent yesterday."

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    So much hate and anger.

I agree the EU is nor perfect but we're better placed to make change from the inside than out, we just have to become involved rather than distant.

And less we forget this referendum was a party policy created to ensure they got into government, nothing else but causing damage to Britain's image.
    EU not perfect is an understatement and exactly what influence have we had to date? Surely with our military might all we need to do is park a few tanks on the lawns outside Brussels and negotiate for whatever we want accordingly.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    What, again??

Let's see how Germany gets on after sorting that out...

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Did any country pass the tests?
    Greece. Oh, hang on, that was just Goldman Sachs fiddling with the figures.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Don't we have to pass the economic tests? Though Brown never told us what they were. [emoji23]
    Did any country pass the tests?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Germany Germany Germany.

It's day of reckoning is coming.
    What, again??

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    oh dear.

If our economy was as strong as Germany, the manufacturing base we once used to own, small businesses allowed to operate without so much red-tape / IR35 etc they'd be an upswell of creativity. Instead our government, not the EU, punishes into oblivion because they are easy targets. We're the most tax country in the whole of the EU. That is not an EU directive, but instead a hindrance to the economy.

I'm sick of it. And I really would rather you get on supporting small independents, they have the most to gain from being instead the union.

Ironically if we vote to remain the chances we'll join the euro grow! Cosy.
    Germany Germany Germany.

It's day of reckoning is coming.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Yes, Graduate. Over for someone language experience. Like so many people that work in such places they're not in it for the long haul.

I din't take a head count.
    So that is one then

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    oh dear.

If our economy was as strong as Germany, the manufacturing base we once used to own, small businesses allowed to operate without so much red-tape / IR35 etc they'd be an upswell of creativity. Instead our government, not the EU, punishes into oblivion because they are easy targets. We're the most tax country in the whole of the EU. That is not an EU directive, but instead a hindrance to the economy.

I'm sick of it. And I really would rather you get on supporting small independents, they have the most to gain from being instead the union.

Don't we have to pass the economic tests? Though Brown never told us what they were. 😂

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

The referendum was not granted by the Tories because it is important to decide for the good of the country; it was granted for party political reasons - so that DC could remain in power. It's recent history - you can't have forgotten it already?
    Furthermore if a vote to exit goes through historians will record the Tories choose to allow a referendum to win power. i.e. they sold a country out to gain power.

If that's not recklessness I don't know what is.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Ever closer union

Resistance is futile
    oh dear.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    ...Do you want to be part of a communist European superstate ...
    I'm confused. I thought it was fascist.

...And less we forget this referendum was a party policy created to ensure they got into government,..
    This is correct.
    You mean a lot of people have already voted for a referendum and now a lot of people will vote for exit. But these people (40-50%) of voters are all racists, and idiots. The smart people don't live in the UK or pay UK taxes, just sit on the sidelines telling UK residents they are idiots.
    No. This referendum was agreed to during the General Election because Cameron wanted to ensure a majority (or at least be able to form a government), by swinging potential UKIPpers back to the Tories. The swing was not in any way more than a small minority. But it was enough.

The referendum was not granted by the Tories because it is important to decide for the good of the country; it was granted for party political reasons - so that DC could remain in power. It's recent history - you can't have forgotten it already?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    You mean a lot of people have already voted for a referendum and now a lot of people will vote for exit. But these people (40-50%) of voters are all racists, and idiots. The smart people don't live in the UK or pay UK taxes, just sit on the sidelines telling UK residents they are idiots.
    And?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Ever closer union. The words are chilling.
    That'll be the outcome if you bottle it on voting day.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    You might want to edit that PG.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    So I was speaking to an Italian recruitment agent yesterday.

Ever closer union

Resistance is futile

Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 27 May 2016, 07:39.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X