• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So I was speaking to an Italian recruitment agent yesterday.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    ...Do you want to be part of a communist European superstate ...
    I'm confused. I thought it was fascist.

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    ...And less we forget this referendum was a party policy created to ensure they got into government,..
    This is correct.
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    You mean a lot of people have already voted for a referendum and now a lot of people will vote for exit. But these people (40-50%) of voters are all racists, and idiots. The smart people don't live in the UK or pay UK taxes, just sit on the sidelines telling UK residents they are idiots.
    No. This referendum was agreed to during the General Election because Cameron wanted to ensure a majority (or at least be able to form a government), by swinging potential UKIPpers back to the Tories. The swing was not in any way more than a small minority. But it was enough.

The referendum was not granted by the Tories because it is important to decide for the good of the country; it was granted for party political reasons - so that DC could remain in power. It's recent history - you can't have forgotten it already?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Ever closer union

Resistance is futile
      oh dear.

If our economy was as strong as Germany, the manufacturing base we once used to own, small businesses allowed to operate without so much red-tape / IR35 etc they'd be an upswell of creativity. Instead our government, not the EU, punishes into oblivion because they are easy targets. We're the most tax country in the whole of the EU. That is not an EU directive, but instead a hindrance to the economy.

I'm sick of it. And I really would rather you get on supporting small independents, they have the most to gain from being instead the union.

Ironically if we vote to remain the chances we'll join the euro grow! Cosy.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

The referendum was not granted by the Tories because it is important to decide for the good of the country; it was granted for party political reasons - so that DC could remain in power. It's recent history - you can't have forgotten it already?
        Furthermore if a vote to exit goes through historians will record the Tories choose to allow a referendum to win power. i.e. they sold a country out to gain power.

If that's not recklessness I don't know what is.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

oh dear.

If our economy was as strong as Germany, the manufacturing base we once used to own, small businesses allowed to operate without so much red-tape / IR35 etc they'd be an upswell of creativity. Instead our government, not the EU, punishes into oblivion because they are easy targets. We're the most tax country in the whole of the EU. That is not an EU directive, but instead a hindrance to the economy.

I'm sick of it. And I really would rather you get on supporting small independents, they have the most to gain from being instead the union.

Don't we have to pass the economic tests? Though Brown never told us what they were. 😂
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Yes, Graduate. Over for someone language experience. Like so many people that work in such places they're not in it for the long haul.

I din't take a head count.
            So that is one then
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

oh dear.

Germany Germany Germany.

It's day of reckoning is coming.
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Germany Germany Germany.

It's day of reckoning is coming.
                What, again??

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Don't we have to pass the economic tests? Though Brown never told us what they were. [emoji23]
                  Did any country pass the tests?

Comment

Did any country pass the tests?
                    Greece. Oh, hang on, that was just Goldman Sachs fiddling with the figures.

Comment

What, again??

Let's see how Germany gets on after sorting that out...

Comment

Working...
                      X