• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Off to the bench for me"

Collapse

• rl4engc
    replied
    Nice, we've got some wasteground over the road from us that was covered in brambles, I waded in with a hedge trimmer one autumn, put 10 tons of topsoil on it and sprinkled it with wild flower seeds. Now it's a haven for wildlife with frogs, bees butterflies and birds, it's great showing the young'un a bee resting on a Borage or Phacelia plant.

Leave a comment:

• DallasDad
    replied
    Ok just to satisfy your curiousity
    It rains and fills with water you wait a while and then the magic begins

This was 2007 and 2009

then we bought our own Ducks
    Here are some of them closely examining a young Morhen
    We have a permanent resident pair of Morhens
    This year we have already had 2 hatches of Morhens and she is already sitting on her 3rd batch.
    Tadpoles are abundant and I hope it will be another excellent year for Dragon Flies.

Last edited by DallasDad; 16 May 2016, 21:08.

Leave a comment:

• Mincepie
    replied
    I was wondering the same

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by DallasDad View Post
    I like that!

Mine was more along the lines of this which was my last attempt.
    No bodies found in fact bugger all was found just clay lots of it.
    why did you dig that?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Jeremy Kyle, Claim JSA, and cracking one off every day....

Leave a comment:

• TheBA
    replied
    Cheers for the suggestions. It's a little too early for the house DIY, having a major extension done at the moment. Hopefully I won't be on the bench when it comes to the internal jobs.
    Probably a good time for a clear out, always wanted to 5s the house.

As for flying, wow, hadn't even considered it. Sadly I'm not sure budget will stretch/wife will approve!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Gardening. Weather is improving, get out there and plant some fruit & veg

Leave a comment:

• DallasDad
    replied
    Oops got that a tad wrong didn't I.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    ... I assume you will continue to pay yourself from my co profits.
    Can I sign up to pay myself from yourCo profits too, please?

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Naturally (if your finances are OK) I would recommend OP uses the time to learn to fly.

Leave a comment:

• DallasDad
    replied
    I like that!

Mine was more along the lines of this which was my last attempt.
    No bodies found in fact bugger all was found just clay lots of it.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    This year if I have a gap I have plans involving a mini digger and another big hole in my field.
    Plan B....?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Im not sure its a real contract until money in your account.
    It aint over until the fat cheque clears!

Leave a comment:

• DallasDad
    replied
    What jobs do you have queuing up around the house?
    Now is the time to do all that DIY stuff that when not benched you would no doubt be paying someone else to do. Look at what you would have paid out and see it is as paid work as I assume you will continue to pay yourself from my co profits

Last Autumn I sold loads of clutter on Ebay, sorted out a new car, re-rendered and decorated the garage, gutted and decorated two bedrooms, rebuild most of my conservatory, spread 20 tons of gravel on my drive and generally had a very enjoyable 3 months doing man stuff.

This year if I have a gap I have plans involving a mini digger and another big hole in my field.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I'm not sure it's a real contract until the money's in your wife's Panama account.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

Working...
X