• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: London Mayor

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "London Mayor"

Collapse

• FatLazyContractor
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    If you then propose a target not representative of Islam, then that cannot be an example of islamophobia.

Sorry, you are choosing how to define what is and is not representative of Islam, your argument is a strawman (to use one of your favourite mis-terms, and one of your favourite pass-times - redefining words to suit your argument).

If you say a particular Muslim is not representative of Islam because they do not conform to your opinion of what a representative of Islam should be, then that is based on your belief of what the should be.

Please define what you consider "representative of Islam" to be! (why do I feel like I've had to ask you to give your definitions in the past as well?)

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    Ae you talking to me? I think you've gotten your wires crossed somewhere.

I've not been talking about any person or people - I'm talking about the incorrect (by all reasonable standards in which life & freedom are valued) use of the word phobia with regards to an ideology.

Your argument only makes sense if it works equally well re-written as:
    Islamophobia includes prejudice against Muslims and Sadiq Khan is a Muslim.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    Originally posted by unixman View Post
    "Here is a Facebook post which proves I am right"

"UKIP is Combat 18 and Hitler. If you disagree in any way, even the smallest, you are Combat 18 and Hitler."
    No point reply Unixman. Its another ATW, Darmstadt, SASguru spam fest.

Unless your prepared to post every 5 minutes I'd just leave 'em to it. Leave them alone long enough and they'll end up arguing with each other anyway!

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    If someone hates a Jewish person because that person is Jewish, then it is antisemitism regardless of whether that person is "representative" of Jewish people.
    Ae you talking to me? I think you've gotten your wires crossed somewhere.

I've not been talking about any person or people - I'm talking about the incorrect (by all reasonable standards in which life & freedom are valued) use of the word phobia with regards to an ideology.

Your argument only makes sense if it works equally well re-written as:

If someone hates a murderer because that person is a murderer, then that is murderophobia regardless of whether that person is 'representative' of murders in general.

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    What, you don't agree with EDL news? I take it then that you support those that it keeps an eye on? That was just one of many hundreds from many sources that could have been posted...
    "Here is a Facebook post which proves I am right"

But not as many as UKIP, AfD, Front National and other right wing xenophobic parties...but you can continue to stick up for them...
    "UKIP is Combat 18 and Hitler. If you disagree in any way, even the smallest, you are Combat 18 and Hitler."

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    He's still side lining him.
    The jedi are taking over!!!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Why is Khan a moron? He ran a clever campaign, sidelining Corbyn completely.
    And do you think bumbling Boris isn't a moron?
    He's still side lining him.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Putin funded fascist scum.
    Yep,

Nigel Farage has named Vladimir Putin as the world leader he most admires, praising the Russian president's handling of the crisis in Syria.
    One of Ukip’s most senior politicians has lavished praise on Vladimir Putin for being a strong leader and ‘very nationalist’.

Diane James, an MEP and the party’s home affairs spokeswoman, raised eyebrows by expressing admiration for the Russian president during a debate with senior women in other political parties on LBC Radio.

Asked for her views on Putin, she said: “I admire him from the point of view that he’s standing up for his country … He’s very nationalist.”
    German MEP Beatrix von Storch from the far-right Alternative for Germany (AfD) party, who was asked to leave a European Parliament conservative group after comments about shooting refugees, said on Friday she will instead join the Europe of Freedom and Direct Democracy (EFDD) group, which is led by UKIP’s Nigel Farage.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    But not as many as UKIP, AfD, Front National and other right wing xenophobic parties...but you can continue to stick up for them...
    Putin funded fascist scum.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    A jpg capture of a Facebook post linked from EDL News. Oh mate..
    What, you don't agree with EDL news? I take it then that you support those that it keeps an eye on? That was just one of many hundreds from many sources that could have been posted...

It's true. Nigel hates foreigners. Hates them so much he married one.
    Will she have to be deported after a Brexit as she won't be earning the minimum 35,000GBP salary that the Tories want for foreigners? Will Nigel complain?

Google will provide the same on any party.

Originally posted by Geoffrey Clark, UKIP candidate for Kent County Council
    Other items for review: ceasing all free IVF treatment on the NHS; cutting unecessary waste e.g the destruction of drugs in care homes when residents move on to the next care home or the next world; the pregnancy abortion time limit; compulsory abortion when the foetus is detected as having Downs, Spina Bifida or similar syndrome which, if it is born, could render the child a burden on the state as well as on the family.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    He is just a hypocritical scum like most politicians, but he is of particularly nasty variety that exploits stupid people by telling them things they want to hear.

There is only one country in the world with true sovereignty - Democratic Republic of North Korea.
    Actually the UK does have sovereignty otherwise it would not have been able to call a referendum

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    He is just a hypocritical scum like most politicians, but he is of particularly nasty variety that exploits stupid people by telling them things they want to hear.

There is only one country in the world with true sovereignty - Democratic Republic of North Korea.

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    Nope, definitely not bigots:

A jpg capture of a Facebook post linked from EDL News. Oh mate.

Just morons and just a couple of the thousands of cases reported to show just that and Farage does have a problem with foreigners:

Google will provide the same on any party.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    And do you think bumbling Boris isn't a moron?
    Boris moved to cushy MP job just in time, so he is not a complete moron...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X