• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ideas for getting rid of old company paper files"

Collapse

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    eww that's my baby daughter you are talking about. Watch it.

he prefers pretty women to pretty gerbils

Richard Gere and the Gerbil : snopes.com
    Oops...my bad...sorry...misread your post

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Similar tastes to Richard Gere, then
    eww that's my baby daughter you are talking about. Watch it.

he prefers pretty women to pretty gerbils

Richard Gere and the Gerbil : snopes.com

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Miss V3 and I were admiring that in pets are us tonight. Thursday is Cadet's night o I'm taxi driver for 3 hours) and we like to spend half an hour with the rabbits & Hamsters after Maplin & before Homebase.

It seems its washed to remove the ink. Miss V didn't notice this, the colour & number of hamsters/rabbits was the important thing.
    Similar tastes to Richard Gere, then

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Ask your accountant?
    Last edited by FatLazyContractor; 29 April 2016, 04:10. Reason: Bloody NLUK beat me to it...

Leave a comment:

• darryle
    replied
    You can shred it by shredder or use it when cleaning mirror and windows.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Shred it then flog it on ebay as hamster bedding.

PPI Soft Shredded Paper Bedding Hamster/Rabbit/Mice/Rat 200G Pack Of 4 - 11323 | eBay

Also means you can take advantage of the new tax break for online traders
    Miss V3 and I were admiring that in pets are us tonight. Thursday is Cadet's night o I'm taxi driver for 3 hours) and we like to spend half an hour with the rabbits & Hamsters after Maplin & before Homebase.

It seems its washed to remove the ink. Miss V didn't notice this, the colour & number of hamsters/rabbits was the important thing.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Shred it then flog it on ebay as hamster bedding.

PPI Soft Shredded Paper Bedding Hamster/Rabbit/Mice/Rat 200G Pack Of 4 - 11323 | eBay

Also means you can take advantage of the new tax break for online traders

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Make paper aeroplanes with it?

Exotic Paper Aircraft

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Please find somewhere to store the paper copies, anywhere will do. If HMRC asks for 20 years worth, paper copies are far more fun

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    OCOQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvs4bOMv5Xw

Leave a comment:

• dx4100
    replied
    Everyone is out to get me!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
    HMRC don't require you to keep anything beyond six years plus the current year. So the above is not an issue. Any other reason ?
    It's 20 years if they want it. And they might just want it if you tell them that you've shredded old documents...

Originally posted by jaffab View Post
    But, if the principle advice on the HMRC web site says you don't have to keep them, you can just say "well, your guidance said I could get rid of them, so I did, sorry - don't have the receipts you need".
    Did you print out that guidance and shredded it since it got too old?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    surely if you proffer electronic copies over 6 years they have to honour them unless they have evidence of criminal intent?
    Yes, they do.

You used to need a dispensation from HMRC to keep them digitally (I did a project all around scanning documents for the client) but that's no longer the case.

I scan mine to PDF using a Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i and then shred them in my Fellowes Automax 130C which does them quietly and in bulk.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Neglecting the fact that Hector can go back 20 years if the fancy so takes him/her/it.
    surely if you proffer electronic copies over 6 years they have to honour them unless they have evidence of criminal intent?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Give them to MyHermes to deliver to you.

Safely disposed of.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X