• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "still an unpleasant little scroat"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Sounds like their handling of the Hillsborough Disaster in a nutshell.
    indeed

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I have a few friends who have been through the criminal justice process & had one stint of Jury service.

The general theme seems to be 'investigation' is not something the police are competent at.

They fail at the basic stuff like reading texts or other things that are demonstrable facts (skid lines) they tend to depend on verbal & hearsay evidence instead. Assumptions seem to be popular. They don't seem to learn or be afraid of being wrong.

They put people under suspicion for years without producing any valid evidence.
    Sounds like their handling of the Hillsborough Disaster in a nutshell.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I have a few friends who have been through the criminal justice process & had one stint of Jury service.

The general theme seems to be 'investigation' is not something the police are competent at.

They fail at the basic stuff like reading texts or other things that are demonstrable facts (skid lines) they tend to depend on verbal & hearsay evidence instead. Assumptions seem to be popular. They don't seem to learn or be afraid of being wrong.

They put people under suspicion for years without producing any valid evidence.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    I've got a bit of inside knowledge on this one and not surprised that he was found not guilty. The way that the original case was handled was terrible. He's a cheating chunt, but that's a far cry from being a rapist and not a crime.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    What names do you give for a "man" who behave like this? My question is if he put any rape drugs in the drinks.
    That's got nothing to do with this case though.

The sex history is irrelevant because the girls have sex too when they want.
    The good thing that I see here is, in the UK the rape victims are maintained anonymous, even that the scroat 2 didn't respected.
    In most cases you would be correct but in this case there were clear similarities so the judge quite rightly allowed it to stand. They also didn't go through her sexual history. They allowed the evidence from two other recent incidents which bore more than a passing resemblance to this case, enough so they bucked the trend and used it. Seems like a fair call to me.

Sounds like you are letting your feminism cloud your judgement. No one is denying he's a scroat but as Veteran said, he's not a rapist.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    So?

Female judges are often tougher on women then male judges. This is because they know women aren't as weak as they make out otherwise they wouldn't be a judge themselves.
    DEfinetly true in the family courts. Female judges understand that women can work and are not necessarily housewives. Something male judges - especially the elder ones - don't get.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Sounds like she is a scumbag AND he is one.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    What names do you give for a "man" who behave like this? My question is if he put any rape drugs in the drinks.

The good thing that I see here is, in the UK the rape victims are maintained anonymous, even that the scroat 2 didn't respected.
    The key point the prosecution made is he had no part in her seduction therefore wasn't an eligible suitor therefore he was a rapist, if he hadn't seen her before she said 'go down on me' then how was he supposed to spike her drinks?

So if a man was accused of rape and his previous lovers were interviewed and they said 'Oh yes he was a bit forceful in the sack, I didn't always fancy it but he insisted.' Would you ban that testimony?

Her ex lovers said she appeared lucid & in control and then in the morning had forgotten all of it. This rather exonerates Evans, he is however a still a scumbag just not a rapist.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    The judge was a woman and was brought all the sex history from the victim!!!!
    So?

Female judges are often tougher on women then male judges. This is because they know women aren't as weak as they make out otherwise they wouldn't be a judge themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Scroat 1 picked her up with the clear intent of sharing her, this was made very clear by his actions including the text.

The woman's sexual history is relevant, the accusation that her drink had been spiked was cast into serious doubt by her previous history so whilst you might not like it then its very clear it is important. She had done this before twice.So screwee-1 was obviously lying. I do wonder when one side is allowed a cloak and the other is stripped naked in public I'm all for complete disclosure.

Scroat 2 who is quite despicable was clearly not guilty of rape based on intoxication.

the reference to a person quite clearly suffering from mental illness but who has been abused by the law is a little worrying

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    And? She's allowed to do it in exceptional circumstances where here history is directly related to the case.

And what has her being a woman got to do with it?

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    It said that two other men who had sex with the woman had described their encounters with her in highly specific terms that were virtually indistinguishable from Mr Evans's own account of what had happened.
    One of the encounters occurred days before the alleged rape - and the other in the days that followed.
    On each occasion the woman had been drinking heavily and the sex occurred in a very specific way - including the words she used to encourage her partner.
    Each time she woke up saying she had no memory of what had happened.
    So in essence, this woman had drunken sex on at least 3 occasions within a matter of days. She claims to have no memory of any of these encounters yet only the one where the accused is minted, presumably on account of his being a pro footballer, are claims of rape made?
    I am left wondering just what sort of woman, had she actually been raped whilst drunk, would get herself into the same comatose state of inebriation a mere handful of days later?
    Whilst I despise rapists in their entirety, the only people lower in morals are those who make false accusations of such a deplorable act. The worst side of it is that they then weaken the stance of future victims by crying wolf all too readily.
    We also have a moral duty to bear in mind the principle of assumed innocence.
    I believe that, in THIS case at least, the relevance of her cavalier attitude to casual drunken sex WAS a material fact that the jury ought to have been allowed to consider, and that, as a consequence, some Justice has been delivered.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Some of you who think lower league players get rich need to have a look at the salary tables.
    It helps if you are dating a millionaire's over-indulged daughter. Anyother father would have horse whipped him for cheating on her not once but multiple times.

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Some of you who think lower league players get rich need to have a look at the salary tables.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X