• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "If a Muslim gave a book to a Christian, it would be fine."

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    ...Or maybe a tax on cretinism. ...
    I'd vote for that!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I've done;
    So what's wrong with us Satanists?
    PS Goats are not very good at wiping their * either.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    MacDonalds tax?
    MacDonalds already has VAT on their food.

Actually the government's missed a trick here.

I would put an extra 5% tax on all foods apart from bread with more than 2 ingredients.

Why bread? Well as least if you are hungry you can eat bread on its own.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    MacDonalds tax?

Or maybe a tax on cretinism. In this case I would like it to be retrospective and have assguru's 30k posts to be taken into consideration.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Wine is mostly foreign so needs to be taxed hard.
    But spirits are made locally, so they need to be taxed lightly. Gin at 5p a shot anyone?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Wine is mostly foreign so needs to be taxed hard.

The number of smokers is decreasing as the revenue needs to be kept the same it needs to be taxed hard.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    I went to a mosque, and invited a bigot friend the next visit to see, he says no thanks - don't wanna see a load of unwashed arses in my face. So I wondered and googled about this dirty-arse rumour muslims are supposed to have.

Turns out, yes they do wipe their arses with water and with the left hand and then wash the hand after. Bit odd but left hand in their faith is just for that. Then I was told well look at what you do, wipe your arses with variable quality paper and basically spread a fair mount of poo up your crack until next shower time. Some sense in it, not sure it's for me but they're definitely not dirty.

I've done;

Anglican
    RC
    Russian Orthodox
    Muslim
    Sikh

Not done

Jewish
    Hindu

Should try, best for me was Russian Orth, no preaching, just beautiful voice-only choir, candles, no pews, priest wondering around chanting. Worst was RC, lecture, blame, preach, sin, sin, sin....
    Go to a RC christening. 2-3 month old babies are sinful....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by unemployed View Post
    Haynes manual on Greasing the big end?
    The Cookie Sutra: (E): Amazon.co.uk: E. Jaye: 9780761138099: Books

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Unfortunately, what is appropriate changes over time. What this women did would not, say 30 years so, have raised any eyebrows. Frankly I find it all a bit nanny-state, and think it's stupid that discussing religion is off limits. Soon it'll be politics and cookery we're not allowed to talk about. The weather as a topic should remain safe.
    Yep, nanny state is correct: Nanny State Index: 'Excessive' regulation and 'sin taxes' make UK the worst place in the EU to be a wine drinker or smoker | Home News | News | The Independent

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I was given one of these easy read for non Muslim's Quran books by some colleagues I was working with when I was out in Egypt. I did show a lot if interest in their culture and ways though so I was quite touched. Never read it to be fair but the thought was nice.
    I went to a mosque, and invited a bigot friend the next visit to see, he says no thanks - don't wanna see a load of unwashed arses in my face. So I wondered and googled about this dirty-arse rumour muslims are supposed to have.

Turns out, yes they do wipe their arses with water and with the left hand and then wash the hand after. Bit odd but left hand in their faith is just for that. Then I was told well look at what you do, wipe your arses with variable quality paper and basically spread a fair mount of poo up your crack until next shower time. Some sense in it, not sure it's for me but they're definitely not dirty.

I've done;

Anglican
    RC
    Russian Orthodox
    Muslim
    Sikh

Not done

Jewish
    Hindu

Should try, best for me was Russian Orth, no preaching, just beautiful voice-only choir, candles, no pews, priest wondering around chanting. Worst was RC, lecture, blame, preach, sin, sin, sin....

Leave a comment:

• unemployed
    replied
    She can give me a "book" anytime she wants.....
    Haynes manual on Greasing the big end?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I was given one of these easy read for non Muslim's Quran books by some colleagues I was working with when I was out in Egypt. I did show a lot if interest in their culture and ways though so I was quite touched. Never read it to be fair but the thought was nice.
    So did I. I passed it onto my accountant for comment.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    She can give me a "book" anytime she wants.....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    It was the same story when I offered to straighten out the office lezzer. Some people just don't want helping.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X