• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Times - how not to introduce a new look and feel"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    Where's the daily quiz gone?
    I just saw it today. In the Times 2 section. The Times Daily Quiz | | The Times & The Sunday Times

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    OYPMQ

Sir Humphrey: The only way to understand the Press is to remember that they pander to their readers' prejudices.
    Jim Hacker: Don't tell me about the Press. I know *exactly* who reads the papers. The Daily Mirror is read by the people who think they run the country. The Guardian is read by people who think they *ought* to run the country. The Times is read by the people who actually *do* run the country. The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country. The Financial Times is read by people who *own* the country. The Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by *another* country. The Daily Telegraph is read by the people who think it is.
    Sir Humphrey: Prime Minister, what about the people who read The Sun?
    Bernard Woolley: Sun readers don't care *who* runs the country - as long as she's got big tits.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    FTFY
    What does that make Times readers then?

People who care (about their money)?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Try the Guardian. It's free bleeding heart, well-meaning, woolly liberal sandle-wearing tree hugging hippy excrement.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Does the mail have an opinion page? If you mean Katie Hopkins, I will never read anything by that cow.
    The Mail allows you to comment under many articles including ones where they tell you eating beans causes cancer one week but will allow you to live to 120 the next week.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It's fun like the Mail, but you can't get down voted.
    Does the mail have an opinion page? If you mean Katie Hopkins, I will never read anything by that cow.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Have you read the opinion page though? Makes me want to
    It's fun like the Mail, but you can't get down voted.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    True, true LOL, and it's totally unBREXIT.

But most articles allow you to comment. Unless it is about tax avoidance, tony Blair, or Islamic terrorists. Or even an article on all three!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Try the Guardian. It's free.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    It ain't ready yet.

Search function - no opportunity to refine the results, or even sort by date.
    Some sections on the website are only accessible via the e-paper
    Not all sections from previous days can be accessed.

And when you read the FAQs concerning these issues "This feature is not yet available but we are looking to introduce it soon."

But hey - it's all available equally on the mobile app as via the browser.
    Try the Guardian. It's free.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Flashman View Post
    Telegraphs new design pretty rubbish too.

I'd cancel my subscription if I'd one!
    I assume you are Erikurs sockie?

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    Telegraphs new design pretty rubbish too.

I'd cancel my subscription if I'd one!

Leave a comment:

• Gumbo Robot
    replied
    Thanks. Still as hard as ever - only got 4 today :

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    e-paper, Times 2, page 16.

Leave a comment:

• Gumbo Robot
    replied
    What was a reasonable site - easy to navigate, find what you needed, nicely laid out etc. - which I could use it as I saw fit, has become restrictive and prescriptive.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X