• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Enterprise car is speed limited"

Collapse

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I have.

Don't drive in Wales...
    That's where I got mine (first one) - Swansea, whilst working for DVLA, Sunday morning too....

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post

I've not seen anyone get points for 34 in a 30 yet.
    I have.

Don't drive in Wales...

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Ah yes the 'course'. The point of which is that you were not 'done' and your generous donation to the Council/ACPO xmas ball was gratefully received.

You were unlucky on the 81 charge, most Traffic would tend to ignore that unless you were being a nob.
    Havent got the NIP's anymore, they've dropped off my licence now anyway. Re: the 81, I remember it well, deffo not driving like a knob, plenty of other cars streaming past me at 90-ish, so I was extremely surprised to get that one, unless the camera guy was in a mood and nabbing everyone.

They were all camera vans I assume not the the big yellow ones (GATSO's?) and I never saw any of them!

Prior to that I got the dreaded double flash near Jnct 44 M6 - roadworks, 40 limit instead of the usual 50 back then, nothing every happened, guess there was no film in it, and same on Sheffield Parkway, I had to accelerate to avoid someone who'd pulled right in front of me, got a letter in post saying I was doing 48 in a 40 but no further action, reckon they hadn't got a clear pic cos I'd gone round the other car...

Two bus lane penalties and that's the sum total of my driving transgressions!

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Ah yes the 'course'. The point of which is that you were not 'done' and your generous donation to the Council/ACPO xmas ball was gratefully received.

You were unlucky on the 81 charge, most Traffic would tend to ignore that unless you were being a nob.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Although it is at the discretion, you do realise that it's their own (privately owned) association?

If you'd like to post the poof of that on Pepipoo I'd appreciate it. It's done the rounds several times and no one has yet posted proof, despite plenty of plod bashing going on.
    I don't have proof, just what the lady said on the SAC in Huby, near York, it was sometime ago too, I remember I was really late for the course, had to drive like the clappers to get there. I got the SAC for doing 81mph on the motorway, bad period for me, three speeding tickets in 6 months after none for the previous 30-odd years. And I was working for the DVLA in Swansea at the time!

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Explains why I got done for 34 in a 30 - twice....
    Although it is at the discretion, you do realise that it's their own (privately owned) association?

If you'd like to post the poof of that on Pepipoo I'd appreciate it. It's done the rounds several times and no one has yet posted proof, despite plenty of plod bashing going on.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    At my SAC the woman said the 2mph is at the discretion of the Chief Constable and they've been told not to exercise it said discretion.

The discretion is based on who you are likely to hit.

In a built up area you are more likely to hit a vulnerable road user than on a motorway.

Hence I've never been done doing 78 on a motorway and have been alongside police and had radar guns pointed at me. However I know to be careful on dual carriageways that are national speed limit....

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    And ACPO guidelines are limit + 10% + 2mph so in a 70 it's 77mph before plod get interested.
    The clue is on the detail, guidelines, not hard and fast rules

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    And ACPO guidelines are limit + 10% + 2mph so in a 70 it's 77mph before plod get interested.
    At my SAC the woman said the 2mph is at the discretion of the Chief Constable and they've been told not to exercise it said discretion.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Or bring your own, bigger wheels/tyres and swap them on.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    What tune?
    The tune of a few PSI.

And for the less technical:
    Higher pressure = more likely a bigger radius, bigger radius = longer distance per revolution. Car speed is measured by revolutions.

As for the oft-misquoted 10%, the actual law is:
    A speedo must never show less than the actual speed, and must never show more than 110% of actual speed + 6.25mph.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by unixman View Post
    Limited to 70? That's dangerous. It could block you in the middle of an overtake or emergency manoeuvre. You might have to do marginallly more than 70 when overtaking on the motorway, to be safe. Plod wouldn't pull you for that.
    Sure. And you fell on the pepper grinder in a rush to donate to Sport Relief.
    Last edited by d000hg; 22 March 2016, 08:58. Reason: p

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    Limited to 70? That's dangerous. It could block you in the middle of an overtake or emergency manoeuvre. You might have to do marginallly more than 70 when overtaking on the motorway, to be safe. Plod wouldn't pull you for that.

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    Originally posted by DallasDad View Post
    Not quite a Ferrari but this should meet you specification and get the OP to his destination a bit faster
    The car belongs to Dreadnought garage in Scotland and has a Kenne Bell blower under the bonnet.
    They used it as a development platform for MGR before they went tits up in 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFNkrwRmba8
    Surely the local 6th form know how to hack these keys

Leave a comment:

Working...
X