• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A fuggin evangelist!!!!!????"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
    Many religious evangelists "drone on" and arguably put off more people than they attract/convert.

I'd like to say present company excepted - but can't/won't.
    I don't think d000hg professed to be an evangelist.

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    An evangelist needs to be a great communicator, if they're "droning on" they're not great at the job.
    Many religious evangelists "drone on" and arguably put off more people than they attract/convert.

I'd like to say present company excepted - but can't/won't.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Sure, I must admit its a little difficult on this phone, with no app, apologies, hope this is a little clearer for you

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Are you trying to tell us something; when you look at his picture, then your reflection in the mirror, does it make you uncomfortable?

Prey tell

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by wikipedia
    David Shing (1970-, known by his online handle as Shingy) is an Australian-born wankpuffin for AOL.[

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Are you trying to tell us something, when you look at his pic then your reflection, in the mirror, does it make you uncomfortable?

Prey tell
    Could you perhaps rephrase this in comprehensible(sp?) English?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    What is wrong with this? They want someone who is passionate about something and able to explain well its benefits to others, not just a nerd who can code.
    Are you trying to tell us something, when you look at his pic then your reflection, in the mirror, does it make you uncomfortable?

Prey tell

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    If he had a beard, he would like like total c@nt, rather than one that is WIP
    Don't you mean a CIP....

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Can't be a prophet - no beard.
    If he had a beard, he would like like total c@nt, rather than one that is WIP

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Cracking bit in the New Yorker profile:

He is passionate about spaces, and when a space is not working he reboots it, taking everything out and starting over. He said, “This is a space I recently rebooted for Tim”—meaning Tim Armstrong, the C.E.O. of AOL. The room had been a standard fluorescent-lit office. Now the desk was gone, replaced by leather armchairs in a circle, and the walls were painted dark gray…

Armstrong looked around. “I have meetings here, and people don’t know where to sit,” he said.

“They’ll figure it out, man,” Shingy said.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Could be worse, they could be after an In-House Tech Warlock
    "Trend Shepherd"

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Could be worse, they could be after an In-House Tech Warlock

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by OnceStonedRose View Post
    Just had a mail for this.

" Agile Evangelist"

Get real.
    Conjurs up an imagine of some of the jehovah's witnesses standing outside stations with their legs behind their ears

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
    From the article:-

So. What is a digital prophet?

It remains unclear.
    I liked this bit:

The New Yorker profile reveals that Shingy, in his capacity as digital prophet, recently approached Erika Nardini, AOL’s chief marketing officer, and handed her his iPad Mini. The following conversation ensued:
    ‘Wanted to show you a little brain fart I had on the plane,’ he said. It was a cartoon he had drawn of a bear wearing zebra-print pants and a shirt covered in ones and zeros.

‘Love it, love it, love it,’ Nardini said. ‘I’m thinking of the bears more as a metaphor.’

‘A thousand per cent,’ Shingy said.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    not just a nerd who can code.
    Plenty of those on here

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by OnceStonedRose View Post
    Explaining something and droaning on about something with no real proven benefits are two different beasts. My experience leads me to suspect that an evangelist falls into the latter category.
    An evangelist needs to be a great communicator, if they're "droning on" they're not great at the job.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X