• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What next - crucifixion?"

Collapse

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    But when they say "in 100 years time....". They want shooting.

In 100 years time it won't matter what we've said on here.

Unless that's "I'm going to do xyz" and xyz is the name of a death cult masquerading as religion whose initiation ceremony is to blow up a school. They might not have any active members but they sure start a lot of BOOMED threads before flouncing off.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Heidi (in Afrikaans) and Brady Bunch are the only things I remember watching.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here_C...Double_Deckers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Banana_Splits

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    I recall dashing home at break time with my pals from school to watch the test pattern, in snowy black & white - 1975. I read a lot too, and played out until it was dark, climbed trees and hills. Went to the beach after school and took my dad's gun to junior school "show and tell" (it was a Walther PPK in .380).
    Heidi (in Afrikaans) and Brady Bunch are the only things I remember watching.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Ah yes, no telly before '76. I think that's why a read a lot!
    I recall dashing home at break time with my pals from school to watch the test pattern, in snowy black & white - 1975. I read a lot too, and played out until it was dark, climbed trees and hills. Went to the beach after school and took my dad's gun to junior school "show and tell" (it was a Walther PPK in .380).

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Here's one of her stories - reminded me of when I brought a snowball back from Scotland to Cape Town as a kid to show my friend who'd never seen snow. Security was a little friendlier in those days, and my snowball got into the freezer on the plane. Made it to South Africa, but winter in Scotland = summer in SA, and snowball became puddle quite quickly.

Edit: Sound quality appalling - works better with volume low.
    saw this & burst out laughing

There's a courier here says he's got 50TB of cloud data for you • The Register

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Will have a check when I get home
    I enter "The Upside" and see various other books listed, like The Upside Down Mountain, but not your mate's book. One can get it by typing in the full name but if it is not in the list shown when you type part of a name most people are going to conclude it is not available.

Anyway, let me know what you find on your Kindle MS. Cheers.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 4 March 2016, 11:30.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I remember going up into the Drakensberg and there was a puddle iced over, fascinated! Then on a trip back to the UK and it snowed, even more fascinated but then going into the front room and...television!
    Ah yes, no telly before '76. I think that's why a read a lot!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Here's one of her stories - reminded me of when I brought a snowball back from Scotland to Cape Town as a kid to show my friend who'd never seen snow. Security was a little friendlier in those days, and my snowball got into the freezer on the plane. Made it to South Africa, but winter in Scotland = summer in SA, and snowball became puddle quite quickly.
    I remember going up into the Drakensberg and there was a puddle iced over, fascinated! Then on a trip back to the UK and it snowed, even more fascinated but then going into the front room and...television!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Dunno what's going on here. Can access the Kindle version page of that on PC but not found by search on Kindle itself. Tried "The upside" and "upside". Can you see it on Kindle missus MS?

PS More importantly can't find the brilliant xoggoth Tales either. Used to be found ok.
    Will have a check when I get home - I tend to buy from the PC. I've got xoggoth tales on my Kindle, but I've got the print version of USDJ, being a pal of the author and all that.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Here's one of her stories
    Dunno what's going on here. Can access the Kindle version page of that on PC but not found by search on Kindle itself. Tried "The upside" and "upside". Can you see it on Kindle missus MS?

PS More importantly can't find the brilliant xoggoth Tales either. Used to be found ok.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    On a flight open you rlaptop and look at this:
    http://www.thecleverest.com/countdown.swf

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by flamel View Post
    Or the asylum for talking to an imaginary friend
    33% of people believe they have a guardian angel according to a survey a few years back.

Of bigger concern is people who believe what scientists tell them. A lot of the stuff they post about the past is dodgy enough. But when they say "in 100 years time....". They want shooting.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Jack Burton's branching out into airlines so the paranoid can travel on his Pork Chop Express.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Looks good. Just about to download. Sod it. My Kindle needs charging again.

Edit: Sound quality appalling - works better with volume low.
    Last edited by mudskipper; 3 March 2016, 22:50.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Crucifiction - My mate's book
    Looks good. Just about to download. Sod it. My Kindle needs charging again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X