• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Accenture the positive"

Collapse

• Antman
    replied
    Seeing the same thing (upselling, recent grads, gullible management) here with EY.

I overheard one of the grads talking about resourcing others in at the "discounted rate" of £1180 pd, his linkedin profile had 3 months experience (and that was managing a risk spreadsheet)!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Client manager: we want you to implement archiving of 3 objects
    Accenture: 1000 man days
    Client manager: On a project two years ago, I took on a consultant with less than one year's experience, and she managed to implement archiving of 50 objects is three months. Now piss off and come back with a realistic estimate

Time passes

Accenture: 950 man days

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    very fit girls from all over the world, particularly the Danish and Swedish, stereotypically too.
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Got some fit birds though
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    That said, the birds they fly in from Spain are fecking hot
    Originally posted by Coalman View Post
    Oh and top totty,
    Seems to be a pattern - young hot girlie grads , but where do they all end up?
    Do they all do a few years post grad, meet the PM of their dreams and then drop out to get married and have sprogs?

There appears to be a lack of 30 something totty out there for me to letch at

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied
    Sounds like current clientco. Excellent sales team, gullible management, poorly defined contract. Accidenture money printing service. Oh, they've been told to do one when they stated they needed more money to complete the work they signed up to! Oh and top totty,

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    Strange I expected this

https://youtu.be/L64S8sYbDmA
    Bob never made the grade. His (fake) degree wasn't Red-Brick

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    was the way when I used to visit Arthur's there would be grads running round at 11pm and 7am.

that was 25 years ago.
    There was a girl on our uni course who got a job offer with one of the consultancies back in 96 - about 12k above average graduate salary and she could have every other Sunday off! She sacrificed 3k a year to have her weekends off with a different company.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Strange I expected this

https://youtu.be/L64S8sYbDmA

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    was the way when I used to visit Arthur's there would be grads running round at 11pm and 7am.

that was 25 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Current gig is infested with them. That said, the birds they fly in from Spain are fecking hot

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    The ridiculous hours part sounds awesome. Do tell.
    https://youtu.be/rqQT3oKA3v8

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    I had a great time working there. Ridiculous hours, very fit girls from all over the world, particularly the Danish and Swedish, stereotypically too. Best paying Consultancy role I have ever had.
    The ridiculous hours part sounds awesome. Do tell.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    I had a great time working there. Ridiculous hours, very fit girls from all over the world, particularly the Danish and Swedish, stereotypically too. Best paying Consultancy role I have ever had.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    They can certainly do the needful

I wonder if Bob Shawadwadi ever worked for them ?
    New to Wipro and Infosys?

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    They can certainly do the needful

I wonder if Bob Shawadwadi ever worked for them ?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Flooding the Project with recent Grads so far up their own ar5es and creating more issues than actually resolving
    The biggest problem is that the "best" consultants tend to have been told to focus on upsell rather than delivery.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X