• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How tall are you? (Norrahe no need to play)"

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Is anyone as tall as Churchill?
    Reputation say's he is 6'6", I am 199cm which is 6.5 and a bit so will be a close call if I put my Cuban Heels on

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Based on the last time I met him, I'd say not.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• teapot418
    replied
    I'm short and stout.

Leave a comment:

• seanraaron
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    wtf..... 5'

Does a Napoleon complex come with that?
    For a prawn that's pretty massive.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    5'8"

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    3.33 cubits.
    wtf..... 5'

Does a Napoleon complex come with that?

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    In half a century of plodding around this planet trying not to hit my head on stuff I generally find the blokes I encounter who are a PITA are usually below 5' 8".

So most of you seem alright to me.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    well the majority on this thread seem to be over 6 foot.

The research, by economic historian Tim Hatton, found that the typical young man in Britain today is 5ft 10in. This compares with just 5ft 6in a century ago.
    so at least most of us are above average at something.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I can never remember. 5'6" or 5'8" I think.

So, 5' 7" would be a good average guess. Pretty much guaranteed to be wrong, but closer to right than one of your answers.

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    6 feet 4 inches in my heyday. Probably less now.

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Manlet!

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Exactly. You will not have a street with more even numbered houses than odd (there may be some obscure exceptions, but statistically insignificant). There will either be exactly the same number of even and odd numbered houses, or one more odd numbered house than even.
    Here's a strange fact, a candle flame smells exactly the same as burnt nostril hair........

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Could that be because the even numbered ones rarely start with zero?

So on average there are likely to be slightly fewer even numbered dwellings, as their numbers are one greater than the odd numbered ones.

Exactly. You will not have a street with more even numbered houses than odd (there may be some obscure exceptions, but statistically insignificant). There will either be exactly the same number of even and odd numbered houses, or one more odd numbered house than even.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X