• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Market is pants

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Market is pants"

Collapse

• Cirrus
    replied
    Latest Feedback

Went for an interview a week ago. Finally I get told - some employee recommended someone who is starting as a permie instead.

I'm sorry but instead of worrying about Zika virus the World Health Organisation should declare permies a public health emergency

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Confirm - market is pants. dozens of agents call but no interview yet. Maybe because i still have 1 month till the end of this gig and im only looking for 4 days?

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    it's gotten harder since they outlawed being able to ask for a photo with the application
    Isn't that why they are called for a F2F ?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I know some hiring managers that interview all women candidates on the basis they might be very attractive, regardless of ability. Some geek will pick up her workload anyway.

I do not condone such hiring tactics of course.
    it's gotten harder since they outlawed being able to ask for a photo with the application

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    I disagree. They just want to check your tits out, so what better opportunity than a F2F?
    I know some hiring managers that interview all women candidates on the basis they might be very attractive, regardless of ability. Some geek will pick up her workload anyway.

I do not condone such hiring tactics of course.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    <Dr. Phil mode
    Sometimes it's who they think will be a better fit. But here's the problem.
    No point in being a good fit with them, usually you are not working with them.

They are trying to find someone like the last guy. Well the last guy left, so that didn't work our well for them.

The more contracts I do the more I think it's like a lottery. Buy your ticket, that's all you can do.

/>
    I disagree. They just want to check your tits out, so what better opportunity than a F2F?

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    Yes. So why do they want to see me F2F?
    Did you put your CUK display pic on your CV?

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Cirrus View Post

Well the F2F was friendly and didn't go over any of the competency things in the telephone interview, so it was a bit of a struggle to keep things going.

No news so far. If it is a 'no' then it has to be an age thing.
    <Dr. Phil mode
    Sometimes it's who they think will be a better fit. But here's the problem.
    No point in being a good fit with them, usually you are not working with them.

They are trying to find someone like the last guy. Well the last guy left, so that didn't work our well for them.

The more contracts I do the more I think it's like a lottery. Buy your ticket, that's all you can do.

/>

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Did you already do a phone interview?

Well the F2F was friendly and didn't go over any of the competency things in the telephone interview, so it was a bit of a struggle to keep things going.

No news so far. If it is a 'no' then it has to be an age thing.

Leave a comment:

• garethevans1986
    replied
    Have to agree, market is pants at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    Originally posted by wantacontract View Post
    you slagging off a £365 day rate job, or is it £365 for a one off job??
    Reasonably slagging off a £365 day rate job that's 300 miles away, I think

Leave a comment:

• wantacontract
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Now that you are boomed, can you request admin to rename this thread to 'Market in my pants' ?

@alreadypacked - And where are the pics lass ?
    well I am not the OP, so....

but to keep motivation up for you guys on the bench, I've noticed an absolute ton of programme manager roles come up, so I am guessing once those guys/gals are appointed, the rest of the project structure will need staffing, so it looks like it's going to be a busy quarter coming up!!

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Now that you are boomed, can you request admin to rename this thread to 'Market in my pants' ?

@alreadypacked - And where are the pics lass ?

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by wantacontract View Post
    boomed...back in the game, starting on Monday....

hmmm need to can that second interview on the permie job now..
    Congrats

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Did you already do a phone interview?
    It's hard, but I say no to any F2F unless it's local. Phone interview first, then F2F.
    On my last 2 contracts the agent asked for F2F, I said no, but agreed to do it after phone interview. Both offered me the contract after the call. Agent said one customer has never done that before.
    I agree with you; unless they are only doing a one-stager and have done a good cv sift already. Works both ways. I've travelled to London for interviews (where both are first and final) and been asked if I can start on Monday on the way home

Leave a comment:

Working...
X