• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Happy birthday,Rabbie!"

Collapse

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by RSoles View Post
    I had Haggis pakora once. a particularly Scottish combination.
    Don't forget haggis crisps....

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    I notice Wetherspoons are doing a Haggis burger if you're caught short.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    The fish hall is one of the best I've ever visited.
    I was talking to someone from Skipton about markets and they were boasting about theirs. A week later I went to their market and had that Crocodile Dundee moment - "that's not a market"

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    I had Haggis pakora once. a particularly Scottish combination.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Completely forgot about it this year. Would have bought a haggis from M&S otherwise or made one myself

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    meat hall at Bury Market
    The fish hall is one of the best I've ever visited.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    I saw Haggis last night but as the missus hates it decided to go with some chicken tonight.....

having said that recently I have been making sunday mash more interesting by adding some blackpudding during the mashing part - and I (unknowingly) bought some chilli black pudding which real does offer a bit of something extra with the sunday roast.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You go to Bury Market? My neck of the woods that. Well not the market, tend to avoid that like the plague but that area.
    Occasionally. Nice to mix with the plebs to keep it real.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Which taste far better when you buy them from the meat hall at Bury Market.

Up there with getting a pasty from Crantock village store.
    You go to Bury Market? My neck of the woods that. Well not the market, tend to avoid that like the plague but that area.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    You can't get further from a real Haggis IME.

Try Sainsburys, who do a very nice one if you can't get to a real Scottish butchers.

Whilst you're there have a good look for Stornoway Black pudding, better than the (admittedly excellent) Bury version, but only stocked at the Managers discretion.
    Which taste far better when you buy them from the meat hall at Bury Market.

Up there with getting a pasty from Crantock village store.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    “Some hae meat and canna eat,
    And some wad eat that want it,
    But we hae meat and we can eat,
    And sae the Lord be thankit.”

Watch out for the boys!

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    I believe the brand of choice is MacSween Haggis.
    You can't get further from a real Haggis IME.

Try Sainsburys, who do a very nice one if you can't get to a real Scottish butchers.

Whilst you're there have a good look for Stornoway Black pudding, better than the (admittedly excellent) Bury version, but only stocked at the Managers discretion.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    DEAD PEOPLE CANNOT CELEBRATE THEIR BIRTHDAYS

One of the major peeves of Google Doodles when they celebrate the "125th birthday of some long dead guy"

Its an excuse to get drunk, no more no less so lets not pretend its anything else!
    Fair enough - it's my cousin's birthday too, so I'll celebrate with haggis, neeps and tatties. (No booze till Friday)

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Too late, went with a chicken curry from Tom's Kitchen.

Had haggis, prefer black pudding (being a north Manchester lad, it would be treasonous not to!)

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Nah, I'll celebrate with a curry or some other traditional dish.
    Haggis Curry (392g) | Grant's Foods

Leave a comment:

Working...
X