• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Agile Scum-Master training and qualification"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Oi, Wilmsy, why won't you get yourself MCSE first?

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    I am waiting for the official notice from someone high up saying that Agile/Scrum etc is officially dead. Long live Agile.

I have been to Scrum trainings and passed the certification but really there is nothing new there. I have always built software like that and there nothing innovative in there.

Leave a comment:

• NibblyPig
    replied
    I reckon it probably is worth it. It's a wanky load of tulipe but companies seem to yum anything with 'agile' in the name up like they're guzzling the divine ambrosia.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
    Yes, I used it to connect to a CICS region via LU0
    Is that the pet name for your vibrator?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I always think it's Software Development Lite Cycle, and then start thinking about TRON.

Leave a comment:

• Martin Scroatman
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    So it's not Supervision, Direction, Looking after and Control?? Damn it. Ive just made a right knob of myself in a techie meeting
    Yes, I used it to connect to a CICS region via LU0

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I'm still amazed how many people work in IT and have no idea that SDLC is actually Synchronous Data Link Control which is a layer 2 protocol for SNA, not some knobbie project management bollocks which has, in reality, sod all to do with IT
    So it's not Supervision, Direction, Looking after and Control?? Damn it. Ive just made a right knob of myself in a techie meeting

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    A mixture of project management techniques and when to ditch them, works for me.

I'm still amazed how many people work in IT and have no concept of what the SDLC is.

Similarly, the amount of people that thinks you can apply agile to any IT project.
    You can't.
    I'm still amazed how many people work in IT and have no idea that SDLC is actually Synchronous Data Link Control which is a layer 2 protocol for SNA, not some knobbie project management bollocks which has, in reality, sod all to do with IT

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    A mixture of project management techniques and when to ditch them, works for me.

I'm still amazed how many people work in IT and have no concept of what the SDLC is.

Similarly, the amount of people that thinks you can apply agile to any IT project.
    You can't.

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    No.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    In regard to OP I've been wondering the same about ITIL, I found a 3 day course in Brum for 450 notes (ITIL foundation)

Worth doing? Ie - is ITIL useful?

qh

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Please, not more of this scum/agile bollox!

Keep up just like Garlic Bread it's the future

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Please, not more of this scum/agile bollox!

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Nobody who posts in General including the mods and Admin should need training how to be a complete and total cant.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Nobody who posts on CUK should need training how to be a complete and total cant.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X