• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agile Scum-Master training and qualification

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    A mixture of project management techniques and when to ditch them, works for me.

I'm still amazed how many people work in IT and have no concept of what the SDLC is.

Similarly, the amount of people that thinks you can apply agile to any IT project.
    You can't.
    I'm still amazed how many people work in IT and have no idea that SDLC is actually Synchronous Data Link Control which is a layer 2 protocol for SNA, not some knobbie project management bollocks which has, in reality, sod all to do with IT
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      I'm still amazed how many people work in IT and have no idea that SDLC is actually Synchronous Data Link Control which is a layer 2 protocol for SNA, not some knobbie project management bollocks which has, in reality, sod all to do with IT
      So it's not Supervision, Direction, Looking after and Control?? Damn it. Ive just made a right knob of myself in a techie meeting
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        So it's not Supervision, Direction, Looking after and Control?? Damn it. Ive just made a right knob of myself in a techie meeting
        Yes, I used it to connect to a CICS region via LU0

Comment

I always think it's Software Development Lite Cycle, and then start thinking about TRON.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
            Yes, I used it to connect to a CICS region via LU0
            Is that the pet name for your vibrator?
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I reckon it probably is worth it. It's a wanky load of tulipe but companies seem to yum anything with 'agile' in the name up like they're guzzling the divine ambrosia.
              Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

I am waiting for the official notice from someone high up saying that Agile/Scrum etc is officially dead. Long live Agile.

I have been to Scrum trainings and passed the certification but really there is nothing new there. I have always built software like that and there nothing innovative in there.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Oi, Wilmsy, why won't you get yourself MCSE first?

Comment

Working...
                  X