• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Oh Bollards

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oh Bollards"

Collapse

• barrydidit
    replied
    meanwhile in huddersfield

Crash in Huddersfield leaves VW Polo stuck up lamp-post - Huddersfield Examiner

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    It's outside Aldi, are you saying I'm a permi.
    What are you doing at Aldi ?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Contractors go to ALDi they have great tools on offer.

Lidl do snow chains.
    Aldi do ski socks.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Contractors go to ALDi they have great tools on offer.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    As long as it doesn't happen to our brightest and best:

Tory MP Tony Baldry crashes car into portable toilet Poundland parked cars | Daily Mail Online

(He's not an MP any more ).

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    That isn't your car is it?
    It's outside Aldi, are you saying I'm a permi.

Leave a comment:

• NibblyPig
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    The videos of the bollard idiots never fail to get a big chuckle out of me.

qh
    I also enjoy the low bridge ones where lorries get a new convertible look

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Reminds me of 2 incidents over the weekend I am still chuckling about.

Incident 1

2 cars in front of me exiting the petrol station. Car 2 thinks car 1 is pulling into traffic but in reality doesn't go anywhere so receives a gentle nudge to the bumper. Driver gets out, waves hands a bit and they both agree to reverse a bit and get out of everyones way to exchange details. Driver 1 - still steaming from being gently nudged from behind reverses at speed straight into a pole - doing far more damage than original incident.

Incident 2

Was in Kew Gardens on Sunday for the Christmas set-up. Saw a granny coming down the helter skelter ride with excited family waiting at the bottom to take a photo. Somehow as she got to the bottom and just as she lifted her hands to wave to everyone - the carpet she was on got stuck so she pitched forwards and slightly sideways straight into the crowd at the bottom.She lay motionless for a little while but seemed ok after 10 seconds or so. I guffawed loudly enough for her family to shoot me some dirty looks. Still smirking just thinking about it.
    [Schadenfreude]

[/Schadenfreude]

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    The videos of the bollard idiots never fail to get a big chuckle out of me.

qh

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    That isn't your car is it?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Reminds me of 2 incidents over the weekend I am still chuckling about.

Incident 1

2 cars in front of me exiting the petrol station. Car 2 thinks car 1 is pulling into traffic but in reality doesn't go anywhere so receives a gentle nudge to the bumper. Driver gets out, waves hands a bit and they both agree to reverse a bit and get out of everyones way to exchange details. Driver 1 - still steaming from being gently nudged from behind reverses at speed straight into a pole - doing far more damage than original incident.

Incident 2

Was in Kew Gardens on Sunday for the Christmas set-up. Saw a granny coming down the helter skelter ride with excited family waiting at the bottom to take a photo. Somehow as she got to the bottom and just as she lifted her hands to wave to everyone - the carpet she was on got stuck so she pitched forwards and slightly sideways straight into the crowd at the bottom.She lay motionless for a little while but seemed ok after 10 seconds or so. I guffawed loudly enough for her family to shoot me some dirty looks. Still smirking just thinking about it.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Which is what happens when AP focuses on her in car web cam.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Back a bit, back a bit, oh feck.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    started a topic Oh Bollards

Oh Bollards

Working...
X