• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: To be fair to ISIS

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "To be fair to ISIS"

Collapse

• LucidDementia
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    Was it Stanley Kubrick faking it in a Hollywood studio with the help of The Clangers
    He's been banned, but before he went he suggested to me that rather than helping The Clangers actually made things more difficult.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by bf2 View Post
    Although the question wasn't addressed to me, I just thought I'd entertain you... well, actually entertain myself as I watch people squirm :-)
    • The moon-landings are fake --- Yes.
    Was it Stanley Kubrick faking it in a Hollywood studio with the help of The Clangers

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Nope. Heard it already, and certain it will happen.
    Just a conspiracy theory joke is all.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
    Yes, let's bomb people to make us feel good. What asinine tulip.

It's the next step before we put boots on the ground (which everyone's swearing blind we won't do). We will. You heard it here first folks.
    Nope. Heard it already, and certain it will happen.

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    +1 they have planned to go in all along.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    It's the next step before we put boots on the ground
    +1 they will have to go in eventually.

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    So we are doing the Sunnis and the Shiites at the same time
    Well, one after the other really, but I don't think there's a preference.

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I guess principally for good feeling... it's not about it serving much practical purpose as it is about demonstrating unity?
    Yes, let's bomb people to make us feel good. What asinine tulip.

It's the next step before we put boots on the ground (which everyone's swearing blind we won't do). We will. You heard it here first folks.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
    The goal is to topple Assad and invade Iran.
    So we are doing the Sunnis and the Shiites at the same time

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Does anyone know (apart from feeding the defence industry) why the govt is so keen to bomb Syria? Are there not enough people doing this already?
    I guess principally for good feeling... it's not about it serving much practical purpose as it is about demonstrating unity?

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    Does anyone know (apart from feeding the defence industry) why the govt is so keen to bomb Syria? Are there not enough people doing this already?
    The goal is to topple Assad and invade Iran.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    This. People are happy to believe governments of several countries are to able orchestrate cross-continental conspiracies and secret plans of incredible complexity, but not be able to sort out something like a unified benefits system or their own deficit. They're able to keep these colossal schemes totally secret, but routinely leave briefcases and laptops of unencrypted secret information lying on trains.
    I'd counter that these "cross-continental conspiracies and secret plans of incredible complexity" are in fact quite simple and not very secret. What exists currently is a mass-media which tells the vast majority of people what to believe, and they do so. Anyone who questions the narrative is called a 'conspiracy theorist' no matter what evidence they provide.

The fact the US is dead-set on overthrowing Syria and Iran in their final attempt to save the US petro-dollar isn't a secret but the BBC will never tell you about it either.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    It's a not a conspiracy theory, but it is anti-semitic. The first part would be just about ok if it said "some Jews". The second part is merely a anti-semitic accusation. As such continuing to develop the discussion on those lines would be beyond the pale. This is a warning.
    It's not well known but it's a antisemitic conspiracy theory.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I think governments are so utterly incompetent that...
    This. People are happy to believe governments of several countries are to able orchestrate cross-continental conspiracies and secret plans of incredible complexity, but not be able to sort out something like a unified benefits system or their own deficit. They're able to keep these colossal schemes totally secret, but routinely leave briefcases and laptops of unencrypted secret information lying on trains.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X