• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To be fair to ISIS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bee View Post
    Believing that the Holocaust was a fake, yes it's a crime.

Try to say it in public and you will confirm that.
    Holocaust denial is not illegal in the UK. Try to say it in public and you will confirm that, but you'll also start to understand how LucidDementia feels every day, when you see how people react to you. In both cases it's because of exhibitions of mental deficiency.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      It's a not a conspiracy theory, but it is anti-semitic. The first part would be just about ok if it said "some Jews". The second part is merely a anti-semitic accusation. As such continuing to develop the discussion on those lines would be beyond the pale. This is a warning.
      I asked a question. I did not state it was my opinion.

This is a clarification. I object strongly to being called anti-semitic.
      I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
        I think, and it's only my opinion, the point is that governments lie and manipulate events in order to pursue agendas they could never begin to get away with "straight up" and if a greater percentage of the citizenry are aware of this those same governments will be less likely to get away with said lies and manipulation of events thus making the world a less war-torn and ****ed up mess.

But it's only a thought.
        I think governments are so utterly incompetent that it makes very little difference, that the vast majority of people don't care so long as they get bread and circuses, and that three posts of maximum length won't do anything to change that.

I asked a question. I did not state it was my opinion.

This is a clarification.
        I understood that, which is why the post stands. However, hypothetical couching of questions does not automatically bring immunity.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I think, and it's only my opinion, the point is that governments lie and manipulate events in order to pursue agendas they could never begin to get away with "straight up" and if a greater percentage of the citizenry are aware of this those same governments will be less likely to get away with said lies and manipulation of events thus making the world a less war-torn and ****ed up mess.

But it's only a thought.
          Of course it's your opinion, and you are not the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
            Of course it's your opinion, and you are not the only one.
            I'm not, but "we" need 10% of the populace and we're not there yet.
            I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

I think governments are so utterly incompetent that...
              This. People are happy to believe governments of several countries are to able orchestrate cross-continental conspiracies and secret plans of incredible complexity, but not be able to sort out something like a unified benefits system or their own deficit. They're able to keep these colossal schemes totally secret, but routinely leave briefcases and laptops of unencrypted secret information lying on trains.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It's a not a conspiracy theory, but it is anti-semitic. The first part would be just about ok if it said "some Jews". The second part is merely a anti-semitic accusation. As such continuing to develop the discussion on those lines would be beyond the pale. This is a warning.
                It's not well known but it's a antisemitic conspiracy theory.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  This. People are happy to believe governments of several countries are to able orchestrate cross-continental conspiracies and secret plans of incredible complexity, but not be able to sort out something like a unified benefits system or their own deficit. They're able to keep these colossal schemes totally secret, but routinely leave briefcases and laptops of unencrypted secret information lying on trains.
                  I'd counter that these "cross-continental conspiracies and secret plans of incredible complexity" are in fact quite simple and not very secret. What exists currently is a mass-media which tells the vast majority of people what to believe, and they do so. Anyone who questions the narrative is called a 'conspiracy theorist' no matter what evidence they provide.

The fact the US is dead-set on overthrowing Syria and Iran in their final attempt to save the US petro-dollar isn't a secret but the BBC will never tell you about it either.
                  I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Does anyone know (apart from feeding the defence industry) why the govt is so keen to bomb Syria? Are there not enough people doing this already?
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      Does anyone know (apart from feeding the defence industry) why the govt is so keen to bomb Syria? Are there not enough people doing this already?
                      The goal is to topple Assad and invade Iran.
                      I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Working...
                      X