• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "List of Christian terrorist acts."

Collapse

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    Not if you follow a scorched earth policy, they'd run out of followers quickly
    Given that there are plenty of potential people to radicalise in every Western country as well, just how much of that earth would you be planning on scorching?

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That would be a great way to magnify extremism hugely.
    Not if you follow a scorched earth policy, they'd run out of followers quickly

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    That's a much much shorter page than the corresponding page for Islamic terrorism.

Therefore, I conclude ...
    ...that Christians are crap at terrorism.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    That's a much much shorter page than the corresponding page for Islamic terrorism.

Therefore, I conclude ...

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    ^ Great video, thanks for posting

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

Of course the Troubles and Crusades are missing to name a few

Where is that duck and cover smiley

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    If you provide them a logical reason I think it's still radicalisation, otherwise this seems a decent definition. Some lone nutter who goes on a rampage is just a nutter.

OK, I can drop the "logical reason" bit.

Generally the "lone nutter" is someone who may not be able to put a tag of a religion on their belief, but has made their decision to go on the rampage based on their perceived duty.

If you prevent lone nutters (singular or plural) from easy access to weapons, then you prevent a lot of deaths. Of course, if your government is paid off by weapons manufacturers or those who make money from killing, then they will not discourage the sale & supply of weapons.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I would define "radicalised" as someone who has been led to believe something and provided with the necessary weapons to carry out a killing and to justify it with no logical reason.
    If you provide them a logical reason I think it's still radicalisation, otherwise this seems a decent definition. Some lone nutter who goes on a rampage is just a nutter.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Hmm, I don't know a moody teen who has not been radicalised but claims to follow a religion should count. If religion isn't their main motive...

I would define "radicalised" as someone who has been led to believe something and provided with the necessary weapons to carry out a killing and to justify it with no logical reason.

So, "it's their fault for not allowing guns in their church" is not a reason to kill people in a church. Neither is the reason "because of their skin colour or religion".

Maybe the simpler list would be "mass shootings carried out by right wing nut jobs" where the definition of a "right wing nut job" is someone who believes killing is the only solution and that there is no tolerance for people who are different to you or who oppose violence.

That then covers ISIL, IRA, Anders Breivik, Adam Lanza, Dylann Roof, Eric Harris, etc.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Maybe we should just ban religion, its the only way to be safe!
    Probably most murders are carried out by atheists, or at least people without strong beliefs. Ban that too.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    That would be a great way to magnify extremism hugely.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    wow

the world is full* of nutters who want to oppress people

and use the name of an imaginary friend to justify it

who knew!

*when I say full I mean a tiny tiny minority..

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    You left out:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...hundreds-dead/
    (most of the mass shootings in the US are carried out by people who call themselves "Christian", or could be labelled as such by outsiders.
    Hmm, I don't know a moody teen who has not been radicalised but claims to follow a religion should count. If religion isn't their main motive...

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    wow

the world is full* of nutters who want to oppress people

and use the name of an imaginary friend to justify it

who knew!

*when I say full I mean a tiny tiny minority..

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    You left out:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...hundreds-dead/
    (most of the mass shootings in the US are carried out by people who call themselves "Christian", or could be labelled as such by outsiders.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-a..._United_States

Is on the list already

Leave a comment:

Working...
X