• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ten Ways Islamic Law Forbids Terrorism"

Collapse

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Ever been to SE Asia?

You're not a good Muslim girl unless you get the cut. Seriously, it is part of their religion out there.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    Given that the Quran states that the penalty for apostasy is execution, I think you've fallen at the first hurdle. If keeping people in the faith by cutting off heads isn't terrorism, I don't know what is.
    It's not the Koran, but it is part of some interpretations of Islam and as such law in many Islamic countries. “Whoever changes his religion, execute him.” (Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārīi, 2794). So while it is correct to say that it's not the Koran, to pretend it isn't part of Islam is disingenuous. It is certainly part of ISIS's ideology - where any Muslim who doesn't agree with and follow their interpretation is automatically apostate and to be killed. So goodbye 200 million Shias.

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    No it is an Islamic issue. Open your eyes.
    The Human Rights Watch state:

FGM is practiced among some adherents of the Muslim, Christian, and Jewish faiths. FGM is also practiced among some animists, who believe in the existence of individual spirits and supernatural forces. It is erroneously linked to religion, is not particular to any religious faith, and predates Christianity and Islam.

For example, while FGM is practiced in Egypt, which is predominantly Muslim, it is not practiced in many other countries with predominantly Muslim populations, such as Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.

So while it is true that "some adherents of these religions believe the practice is compulsory for followers of the religion." it is factually incorrect to say that it is Islamic.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Given that the Quran does not state that the penalty for apostasy is execution, I think perhaps it's you who has fallen at the first hurdle.

I was thinking 4:85 ish through 4:95 ish. But having read it again, given the historical context and the fact that the quran is targeted more at government & policy than day to day living, it seems very plausible that it's written on the assumption that a 'non believer' is someone that is at war with the isalmic state, rather than supposing that the implication was that homogeneity was mandatory. Although it's still worded strangely in that case - but it is a very old text and has been translated.

So I'll accept that rebuttal.

I do think its a mistake though to consider "islam" to be the quran and not the various hadith, which are sometimes less ambiguous.

I dont' think it's much worse than the bible or anything. Just that most of the world has grown beyond the barbarism in the bible. Not everyone has of Islam.

At the end of the day, I personally struggle to judge any religious folk as truely distinct from these ISIS guys. Somewhat controversially. It feels akward as I know some nice as pie muslims and christians.

If your standard of morality isn't founded in reason, and is instead based on interpretation of revelations, then by what standard can it be judged better or worse than someone else's interpretation? Not by your own standard. In that sense I struggle to view them as not being complicit.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Do your own research, and open your eyes.
    Yeah I just opened my eyes and also smelt your BS

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr
    Can you provide some references? From what I have read it is an African tradition of some kind.
    Do your own research, and open your eyes.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    Given that the Quran states that the penalty for apostasy is execution, I think you've fallen at the first hurdle. If keeping people in the faith by cutting off heads isn't terrorism, I don't know what is.
    Can you please provide reference?

Can you provide some references? From what I have read it is an African tradition of some kind.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Many groups that practice FGM are Muslim. There are also Christian and Animists who practice it. Ergo, it isn't part of Islam. It's more to do with tribal customs.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    132 dead and you want to come out with a top ten internet list to excuse what the murderers excused their murdering with.

Screw you and screw your liberal ******* sentimentality.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Many groups that practice FGM are Muslim. There are also Christian and Animists who practice it. Ergo, it isn't part of Islam. It's more to do with tribal customs.

some F**er cut the end inch off of me kn0b when I was 1

that's a bit much when its left me with 3 inches now

and it wasn't a muslim

its even smaller when I don't have a bonio

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    FGM is a big part of Islam. A big big part.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    FGM is a big part of Islam. A big big part.

Leave a comment:

• monkeypaw
    replied
    It's always interesting the apologist hell bent on appeasement always class "real" muslims as the one's who align their beliefs with western values.

Cameron really should drop an email to Saudi Arabia et al, who've been doing this islam thing for 1500 years and tell them their interpretation is wrong.

Also, terrorism is in the koran, and also in muhammad's example (he's infallible and the greatest example to live one's life). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Badr

The koran is infallible and transcends time (including it's bestial laws) - whilst it's not purely a religious war, ISIS and co. keep telling us what their key motivations are (islamism) yet we keep denying it. Hilarious...

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    I think anyone that believes in religion does it because they need a crutch to lean on or they have been indoctrinated into it through family, community etc.

Either way its nonsense and it's a shame that our mostly secular society has to deal with this crap.
    Last edited by woohoo; 15 November 2015, 17:52.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Ok. So let's call all the extremists fake Muslims. Unfortunately, we can't easily tell the real Muslims from the fake ones so all this drivel helps not one iota.

Actually, to quote just that item demonstrates an ignorance of Islam. There are numerous versions. In one version of the Haddiths, Mohamed says an unfaithful women should be stoned as most would expect, in another he is quite a nice chap, merely advising separation. Why is one less "real" Islam than the other?...
    There are numerous version of the Koran. Muslims will often deny it, as the single version dogma is an article of faith. If you do just a small amount of research, you'll see there are variant "transmissions". The Koran was originally written without vowel sounds (dots) - so naturally this leads to variation in moaning..

Leave a comment:

• v8gaz
    replied
    Originally posted by unixman View Post
    Oooof. I certainly wasn't expecting that.
    Nobody..... oh, ok

Leave a comment:

Working...
X