• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "British families stuck in Sharm el-Sheikh left in 'filthy' hotel plagued by cockroach"

Collapse

• Waldorf
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    Even Spain has it's issues with some wanting to relive the days of the Moors, I wouldn't assume it is safe there
    Come on, Spain as a risk is nothing like the Middle East!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Luckily Charlie Hebdo's witty comments will help defuse the situation.

Charlie Hebdo attacked by Russians over cartoons mocking Egypt plane crash | Daily Mail Online

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
    Yeah a bit, she is 6 younger than me and I don't look old, I think they said it to get a rise out of me.
    Maybe they didn't fancy your daughter? You could have got lucky!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Yeah a bit, she is 6 younger than me and I don't look old, I think they said it to get a rise out of me.
    Which presumably would be quite an achievement at your age

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Are you from Norfolk?

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    creepy.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Also one of the street sellers yelled at me "you are a very lucky man", so I turned round to him to see why and he said "because you have a very beautiful daughter" .... when it in fact she was my gf lol
    creepy.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Anyone who has ever been been can tell you about the state of the toilets at Yolanda! They have stuff living in them.
    My recollection of slumming it at the Sheraton in Cairo was some wallah standing by the urinals whose job was to pour water down the bog after each tinkle, obviously i should have stayed at the Hilton - rookie mistake

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Also one of the street sellers yelled at me "you are a very lucky man", so I turned round to him to see why and he said "because you have a very beautiful daughter" .... when it in fact she was my gf lol

Are you from Norfolk?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    I think it's a real shame. We started going there for diving back in 2004 but it's gradually been getting busier and more chavtastic everytime. The only time I ever felt close to being unsafe was when they gave the taxi drivers new cars and they all seemed to want to thrash the bollox off them.

Obviously you need to be a bit careful what/where you eat. Anyone who has ever been been can tell you about the state of the toilets at Yolanda! They have stuff living in them.

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied
    I never really felt safe in Sharm el-Sheikh when I went to be honest and that was 5 years back, the health and safety at the local water park was shocking.

I got Paraohs revenge the second to last day exploding bowels ....

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
    I would not visit a country so close to terrorist activity, in fact I would avoid the whole Middle East. So if you choose to visit these places do not be surprised if you find yourself caught out by events. Stick to Spain or the Canaries next time.
    Even Spain has it's issues with some wanting to relive the days of the Moors, I wouldn't assume it is safe there

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY

Issue here is that DC wanted to bury, the headlines, regarding the snoopers charter and this was a good way to do it.
    Re the car option, I think they've rather boxed themselves into a corner with their dubious choice of destination.
    Where's your sense of adventure

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    Why aren't they just getting a car rental/ferry and pop off to another airport?

Or fly to a connecting country, why hang around, this is what credit cards are for?
    They could take a ferry. I should think the Somali pirates would welcome them....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Issue here is that DC let the terrorists win. He could have arranged to fly everyone home.

Anyway what is wrong with Bognor? I like Bognor! If the weather is nice....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X