• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stop the war doesn't want to stop the war"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    yes dear - whatever you say. I'll answer this with the following quote - which I'm in no doubt you have had quoted at you before more than once:

I'd rather care about other people than be like you.
    So you say

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Er, this year?

Next year?

Er, sometime?

Er, never?
    The yanks won't have any of it - most of them think Dubya is a good guy who did the right thing... If Blair gets done for war crimes their whole house of cards comes tumbling down.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    The self loathing hypocrite is back. Happy to take all the benefits of privilege that the British system has bestowed upon him
    yes dear - whatever you say. I'll answer this with the following quote - which I'm in no doubt you have had quoted at you before more than once:

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher
    I'd rather care about other people than be like you.
    Last edited by Jog On; 5 November 2015, 13:34.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    That's complete rubbish.

It's not entirely due to our involvement. You cannot pin the the entire set of problems of a region on Western Liberal Democracies.
    Iraq, Libya and now Syria (via armed 'moderate rebels') did it all to themselves did they?

How's that Chilcott report coming on?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    +1

The whole region is hell on earth due to our involvement. We should GTFO of there now and when the dust has settled pay heavy reparations out of Tony Blair's pocket as well as all the arms and oil companies that have made billions out of this horrendous campaign.

Yeah yeah - blah blah blah CBA to go round in the usual circles on this one. Just want it to stop and those behind it all to be brought to account.

The self loathing hypocrite is back. Happy to take all the benefits of privilege that the British system has bestowed upon him

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I suspect if the countries were beacons of democracy & fairness we would leave them alone.

...as long as they didn't have something we wanted, like oil.

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    But you can on Western Right Wing Conservative Libertarians
    Why would that be? Or are you confusing them with neocons, who have absolutely nothing to do with them?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I suspect if the countries were beacons of democracy & fairness we would leave them alone. We westerners just love to interfere with the basket cases.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    There is a consistency and and honesty about Peter Tatchell that I admire. Unlike most lefties he genuinely believes in his cause and refuses to pander to anyone (including the Russians) in pursuit of his agenda.
    True whatever you think of his politics, he's not an opportunist

Just a bit naive, e.g. trying to arrest Mugabe was always going to end in a beating

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    There is a consistency and and honesty about Peter Tatchell that I admire. Unlike most lefties he genuinely believes in his cause and refuses to pander to anyone (including the Russians) in pursuit of his agenda.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    That's complete rubbish.

It's not entirely due to our involvement. You cannot pin the the entire set of problems of a region on Western Liberal Democracies.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    So getting rid of Assad will help what?

It'll help some but on the other hand it will lead to as big a conflict with ISIS v Putin.

With Assad gone, Haliburton would have to look elsewhere for their next project too.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    +1

The whole region is hell on earth due to our involvement.
    That's complete rubbish.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    The "Bishop of Baghdad" thinks that war is the only way to stop ISIS.

Canon Andrew White: 'Vicar of Baghdad' on leading a church in Iraq and being in the crosshairs of Isis | People | News | The Independent

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It stopped genocide by a single extremely well armed group that held power at the time. That's the best the West can do - they'll have to sort themselves out later.
    It stopped Gadaffi introducing a gold backed currency that would sink the U$D and left a power vacuum in another middle east state when we went in fudged the place up then left it to burn.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X