• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "All of you enjoy back to the future day!"

Collapse

• greenlake
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Having grown up through the golden sci-fi era and as a kid imagined the wondrous possibilities that the future had to offer both here on Earth and out in space, I have felt bitterly disappointed that really nothing much has changed in the past 30 or 40 years.

The only thing to speak of as a technological game-changer is high-speed and wireless internet. What other technological advancements have come in to change our lives? Everything else is just the same tech evolving: Planes are still tulipe, in fact the flying experience is a whole lot worse. Cars are about the same, still using 4 wheels and same fuels but just a bit nicer and quicker. Computers are still computing, just quicker and smaller. TVs are still TVs, just thinner and lighter and with a lot more crap to try avoid watching. We all work a lot harder and end up with less quality time.

Bah humbug

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Australian police today had a report of a vehicle crashing into a power pole at 88mph, with the driver having a licence that expired 30 years ago.
    They have sent officers from their hoverboard unit over to investigate..

Mount Isa Hoverboard Unit investigate - Mount Isa

Leave a comment:

• Forgotmylogin
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Yeah give it a couple of months and I expect the Tories will announce a new strategy to reduce the prison population .....
    I'd buy that for a dollar.

Arse - wrong film.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    And we've got this to look forward to in 2 years time

Yeah give it a couple of months and I expect the Tories will announce a new strategy to reduce the prison population .....

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I did a double take then, I thought it was Jimmy Saville

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Having grown up through the golden sci-fi era and as a kid imagined the wondrous possibilities that the future had to offer both here on Earth and out in space, I have felt bitterly disappointed that really nothing much has changed in the past 30 or 40 years.

The only thing to speak of as a technological game-changer is high-speed and wireless internet. What other technological advancements have come in to change our lives? Everything else is just the same tech evolving: Planes are still tulipe, in fact the flying experience is a whole lot worse. Cars are about the same, still using 4 wheels and same fuels but just a bit nicer and quicker. Computers are still computing, just quicker and smaller. TVs are still TVs, just thinner and lighter and with a lot more crap to try avoid watching. We all work a lot harder and end up with less quality time.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post

Purple Ape just has to stick that in
    [emoji8]

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied

Purple Ape just has to stick that in

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied

Welcome to 2015...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Doubt it, they aren't actually shooting at anyone, plus:

This means rubber blunted arrows fitted with long wooden shafts and fletched with real white feathers.
    DOH! Should have remembered, or read the article more carefully

Elf 'n Safety innit?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    and in a few days, this Sunday, it will be back to the past day:

Thousands of arrows to rain down on Agincourt for the first time in 600 years as English and French historians plan to recreate famous battle

Flip me, it sounds like there will be a few more hundred casualties, to add to the tens of thousands of French killed on the day
    Doubt it, they aren't actually shooting at anyone, plus:

This means rubber blunted arrows fitted with long wooden shafts and fletched with real white feathers.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    For those that enjoy his special brand of humour, there's this tonight:

http://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/tv/kei...to_the_future/

Leave a comment:

• Forgotmylogin
    replied
    And we've got this to look forward to in 2 years time

Who loves you, and who do you love?

Leave a comment: