• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weekend Thread

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekend Thread"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Poor mans Maldives
    Well that's not exactly top of my holiday destinations at the moment: Maldives declares state of emergency | World news | The Guardian

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I thought it was 'looky, looky' men or have I been getting it wrong all this time?
    these ones play a banjo so they are get lucky, lucky men.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Never going to Sharm again!!
    Poor mans Maldives

Leave a comment:

• Gumbo Robot
    replied
    Originally posted by tvr450 View Post
    Got back Sunday, flew 10 hours after the Russian plane went down.
    Got nasty tummy bug.

That's what puts me off package holidays in developing countries.

Hope it wasn't too bad; you'd probably have been better off eating street food.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Got nasty tummy bug.

Well you dont realise how lucky you are to be back again and in one piece since you are whinging about a tummy bug.

Leave a comment:

• tvr450
    replied
    Friday - hotel in Gatwick
    Saturday - Fly to Sharm for two weeks
    Sunday - relax by pool in Sharm (one eye open for terrorists)
    Got nasty tummy bug.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    TFA

Last night: Hairdressers, meal at fave chinese and then cooking a Boeuf Bourguignonne for tonight's tasting
    Today: cooking and baking (tarte tartin, scones and mash with enough butter to cause a coronary), blogging
    Tonight: off to a wine tasting at a friends who has very expensive tastes in wine, so far there's a 2003 Batard Montrachet, 1974 Lafite and 1996 Dom Perignon on the menu and god only knows what else he'll drag out of the cellar. I'm not complaining!
    Tomorrow: sleeping off the effects of tonight and then taunting an Argentinian friend during tomorrow's match

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    I thought it was 'looky, looky' men or have I been getting it wrong all this time?
    Always, my love

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    TFA...

Nuffink, well not much. Need to finish off the server and laptop for a conference next week and then down to Stuttgart Sunday evening. If all goes well tomorrow then maybe a beer or two otherwise relaxed working...

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    I'll do it this week, innit.

What are you lot all up to this weekend?

Me - I'm packing for interim house move #2; moving in with family whilst waiting for new house to complete.
    TFA!

Tonight: spag bol and a glass of wine.
    Tomorrow :Off to learn how to make proper cider with one of the leading cider makers in the country
    Sunday : Nowt planned but it may involve a bike ride.
    Last edited by DaveB; 16 October 2015, 18:11.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I'll be working on SKA

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    TFA !

Friday - pub early doors then GFP is cooking dinner
    Saturday - waiting in for an Amazon delivery but hopefully also going for a long country walk
    Sunday - looking out the window at the rain

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Rooftop of the Camel Bar always on my list when in Sharm as is the indian downstairs.
    Did some dive courses with Camel, still got the t-shirt somewhere but I doubt it will still fit!

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Friday - hotel in Gatwick
    Saturday - Fly to Sharm for two weeks
    Sunday - relax by pool in Sharm (one eye open for terrorists)
    Rooftop of the Camel Bar always on my list when in Sharm as is the indian downstairs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X