• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "3.5% tax - how do people think they get away with it?"

Collapse

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    No. I'm saying PC posted a brainfart, so it was moved to general.
    OK, if you say so.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    If I read this correctly, I think you're calling PC a brainfart.
    No. I'm saying PC posted a brainfart, so it was moved to general.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Something along that line, I'm sure it could be re-worded to better fit the guy. I was tolerating his silly posting until the last few weeks, now it's just Suity-esque dribble.

As I've said on the various BN66 threads over the years, I strongly oppose the tax strategy they used, I don't support it in any way and I feel the scheme users were at best naive to expect to get away with it free and clear, that being said when HMG uses retrospection to close a loophole in a poorly worded bit of legislation then they've gone too far.

Natural justice would dictate that HMG's actions using retrospective actions were unreasonable, unfortunately the courts disagree. As Brillo said at the time that people were using the scheme there was a loophole that it exploited, just as tax loopholes have always been exploited and are still being exploited today.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    You can all SMP :-)

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    You are reading this correctly

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Tempting!

But no. Moving brainfarts out of the professional forums takes precedence.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Tempting!

Have you given PC a hug today?

You sadistic-pleasure-monger

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Though it might be funny if NAT/cojak move the thread back to A+L then give me an infraction!
    Tempting!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    I see that the BN66 crew are on the job making it look like they are legally allowed to pay only 3.5% tax on 100K earnings. It was HMRC approved as well and it was exclusive scheme only available to a select few hand picked to avoid tax legally.
    What they were not told is that the selection was based purely on greed and stupidity ...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Pity the mods on this forum act like 6 year olds mind.
    It was much worse 10 years ago...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Because they move most of the utter crap you post in to general where it belongs?

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    I see that the BN66 crew are on the job making it look like they are legally allowed to pay only 3.5% tax on 100K earnings. It was HMRC approved as well and it was exclusive scheme only available to a select few hand picked to avoid tax legally.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    To the OP

Thank God I can use that now!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    To the OP

Thank God I can use that now!
    How a picture can paint a thousand words....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X