• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: letter from seat

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "letter from seat"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    FTFY

they are like a nutty bird, great to be inside but very high maintenance.

I love that description, but I'd say that the two Alfas I've owned were more reliable than several of the more common Japanese/European brands that I've had.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    No. If you like going to the garage and clocking up speeding fines, you need to own an Alfa at least once in your life.
    FTFY

they are like a nutty bird, great to be inside but very high maintenance.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    No. If you like driving, you need to own an Alfa at least once in your life.
    Had one as a hire car - very nice and stable round bends and good shove for 2.0 petrol. A bit frilly and fancy for my tastes though.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    Just got a letter from seat, that my car is affected by VW scandal . They are recalling it for servicing but any idea what they will change? For better or for worse?
    +1 (from VW)

PITA

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Just got a letter from seat, that my car is affected by VW scandal . They are recalling it for servicing but any idea what they will change? For better or for worse?
    Murderer

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    I thought Audi's were associated with big ego's? BMW's are for people who like driving :-)
    No. If you like driving, you need to own an Alfa at least once in your life.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    The poster you're responding to is an illiterate brain donor who feels that txtspk is a sensible communication method. The chances of him noticing a pun, even one as simple as NLUK deployed are nil.
    Who did he donate it to, you?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    I thought Audi's were associated with big ego's? BMW's are for people who like driving :-)
    Nope, they're just driven by slightly different arseholes. Still complete though.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    The problem is , currently my car is CHEATING emission tests , so they cant tax me ? Now if i fixed the cheat and it turned out i have 130£ tax to pay because real emissions are higher, nah im fine with the cheat (not to mention im changing car soon anyway)
    Trade in will be fun, unless you've the evidence that the fix has been applied it will probably not sell at all. With fix the value may be heavily reduced, still I'm sure you can get the BMW of your dreams to over when you've arranged the finance.

Literacy still at the nursery school levels I see, still a BMW driver doesn't need brains, just an ego to stroke.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    If they could've made it do the correct level of emissions, surely they would've... so now they magically have a small fix to do this? Or will they just undo the cheat so it tells the truth about how much crap it belches out?

I wouldn't be that surprised if you are forced to get it fixed, since you are paying road tax based on emissions levels aren't you?
    The problem is , currently my car is CHEATING emission tests , so they cant tax me ? Now if i fixed the cheat and it turned out i have 130£ tax to pay because real emissions are higher, nah im fine with the cheat (not to mention im changing car soon anyway)

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    If they could've made it do the correct level of emissions, surely they would've... so now they magically have a small fix to do this? Or will they just undo the cheat so it tells the truth about how much crap it belches out?

I wouldn't be that surprised if you are forced to get it fixed, since you are paying road tax based on emissions levels aren't you?

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    Nowhere in this thread did it mention it was 1.2.

I'd assumed it would be a the usual 1.9/2.0 (or whatever they are now) Tdi.

My bad... tuning would be a waste of time, accept the recall, sell and buy something quick

thats mine

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    quicker and more fun on 1.2 diesel ? mmkey
    Nowhere in this thread did it mention it was 1.2.

I'd assumed it would be a the usual 1.9/2.0 (or whatever they are now) Tdi.

My bad... tuning would be a waste of time, accept the recall, sell and buy something quick

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I doubt he gives a toss.
    Hes got Jag so no wonder

Leave a comment:

Working...
X