• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What are you playing with right now?"

Collapse

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    So I downloaded Lords of Midnight on my Android phone and I'm thinking what do I do with this? Is there an instruction manual that I have to memorize or something?

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    I've got Dear Esther, love it! Not so much a game, more an atmospheric walk around.

On the 27" Retina iMac with everything turned up full GFX-wise, a joyful immersion, wandering around a deserted Western Hebrides island with actually freezing your balls off...

LOL. Wait, what?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I've got Dear Esther, love it! Not so much a game, more an atmospheric walk around.

On the 27" Retina iMac with everything turned up full GFX-wise, a joyful immersion, wandering around a deserted Western Hebrides island with actually freezing your balls off...

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    I'm enjoying Insurgency at the minute, and the occasional bit of X-Plane.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    SWTOR occasionally for some quick PVP action. Recently started the Secret World which is growing on me but generally phasing out gaming replacing it with music production on Ableton Live 9.

Leave a comment:

• rl4engc
    replied
    Some great suggestions up to now, just wading through them and looking into them, so cheers for that!

On my travels I found this site that may be useful, especially for Linux guys:

101 Most Fun Open Source Games and Apps

Zero AD looks very interesting, a spin-off from Age of Empires which I whiled many an hour away with at uni with LAN cables trailing all over the rented house.. happy days.

0 A.D. | A free, open-source game of ancient warfare

Leave a comment:

• NibblyPig
    replied
    Dying Light at the mo.

Played a bit of Diablo 3 but all Blizzard games have been engineered to make you miserable and addicted, so I have pretty much sworn off playing them.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Lords of Midnight on Spectrum was a classic. IOS/Android version around now too.
    There's been a PC port available for yonks as well

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Played World of Warcraft a few years ago. Not any more no time since arrival of PC junior no 2. But its monthly subscription which is a waste if you dont play it!

Others:-

Civilization - always good games.

Hearts of Iron - WW2 economic/war strategy game.

Used to like Prorugby manager as well.

Old games:-

Lords of Midnight on Spectrum was a classic. IOS/Android version around now too.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    I dont play them any more (I kinda stopped at Doom & Quake) but I actually enjoy watching my daughter play splatoon on the Wiiu.
    I'm very impressed with it.
    Other half is playing Yoshis Woolly world - or Willy world as I call it

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Company of Heroes for me at the moment until Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void is out.
    The original is still the best of the series... though in later patches they've dumbed down Mortain hill defense to make it much easier

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Far Cry 4 whilst I wait for Fallout 4...

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Skylines is a good, very in-depth building game. Another that is pretty fun is Anno 2070 (and the upcoming Anno 2205 looks set to be even better.) It's different in that it's more mission/campaign orientated than Skylines, which is more of a sandbox game.

Even with a "No magic" policy, I'd give Endless Legend a go. It's not a huge part of it (nothing like Age of Wonders III, another great game), and the game is very friendly to casual gaming. It has a sandbox gameplay style but the random missions that come up give it a more structured feel.
    Last edited by Zero Liability; 7 October 2015, 22:30.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
    ...Nothing needing too much commitment, an hour or so in an evening would be good.

Any suggestions? I tend to steer towards 'building' type games..
    https://www.paradoxplaza.com/cities-...es?___store=gb

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Endless Legend, pretty fun game even though I wrote it off when it first came out. :/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X