• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Racism or simple supply and demand?"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    CUK is obviously racist because it has a white background
    Absolutely! It should be orange and purple!

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    It is simple economics.

Cost of L'Oreal blonde hair colour is approximately £2.50.
    Labour charges for dyeing the black dolls = £0.50. (Done by cheap immigrant labour)

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Why are you reading the daily fail?
    I blame the link cloud. Wondered why it was second biggest next Monday links and ended up on their site Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    Shops always manipulate the price of any goods so they can claim that they have reduced the price later on.

In this example they could have upped the price of the "White" dolls temporarily simply so that they could later drop the prices back to £6.99 enabling them to claim "50% off".

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Any thoughts?
    Why are you reading the daily fail?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    CUK is obviously racist because it has a white background, I demand a background that celebrates people of colour! I also intend to sue as I feel offended by this heinous slur on our ethnic diversity £3m should do it!

Ditto for Milk & Snow.

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells.

Leave a comment:

• NibblyPig
    replied
    Ridiculous. They're hardly going to be using vindictive pricing. It's only racist if they wield the price as a weapon, for example charging 50 times the price to make a statement.

Plus their pricing probably works on units sold, so if more people buy white the mighty computer might go bink and lower the price of alternatives to shift stock.

People get offended these days because they think they should, even though they don't understand why. I bet those people couldn't even articulate why it was offensive. They should be called out as idiots.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    started a topic Racism or simple supply and demand?

Racism or simple supply and demand?

Toys R Us faces race row after selling white doll family for more than 'ethnic' alternative | Daily Mail Online

.... or really just a keying error..

Any thoughts?

Working...
X