• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Favourite onion based snacks"

Collapse

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Onion rings – proper ones in batter not “breadcrumbs”
    Better yet....wrapped in bacon....

Smoked Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings - Spicy Sriracha Onion Rings - Grilling24x7Grilling24x7

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied
    Bobbys Onion ring crisps with a chaser of Boost energy drink.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    I love gherkins too, especially good dill pickles. Much prefer them to pickled onions.
    Do you? That's unusual, not many men seem to like them.

And yeah Stek, pickled. I thought they were pickled by definition.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Every time I go to Russia I have to endure pickled Onions, Cucumbers, Gherkins, and worst of all, Mushrooms - YUK!!!!

Pickled Mushrooms = Compressed Slugs...

Pickled scallops out in Madrid, absolute vomit. WTF would you pickle a scallop. It's just wrongness!

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
    The 'hit' has to be from the onion, not salt/chilli etc.

Mine in rough order of favourite

1) Pickled Onion Monster Munch
    2) Nibbits Wheelz (Sure these were 'Onion & Vinegar' Flavour) [now defunct]
    3) Aldi Monster Claws
    4) Walkers Pickled Onion
    5) Space Raiders
    6) Seabrook Spring Onion
    7) Burton's Daily Fish 'n' Chips Lashings of Pickled Onion [new entry as of last night in the pub] 5 for £1 at Morrissons.

Any more out there?
    I'm getting heart burn and repeating just thinking about that list.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    I always have this before I go on a date with MF's wife.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I thought gherkins were pickled by definition, the way prunes and raisins are dried by definition?
    yep

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickled_cucumber#Gherkin

Though certain Cucumbers are used for pickling and are very tasty (we grew some) without pickling.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I thought gherkins were pickled by definition, the way prunes and raisins are dried by definition?

Leave a comment:

• rl4engc
    replied
    Pickled though?
    The ones from a jar never seem to taste as nice as the ones in a McDonalds burger, I'm guessing they're fresh.

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    Was The Net! With Sandra Bullock, pretty poor film....
    Ah, I was going to suggest North by Northwest.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I adore gherkins.
    I love gherkins too, especially good dill pickles. Much prefer them to pickled onions.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I adore gherkins.
    Pickled though?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Every time I go to Russia I have to endure pickled Onions, Cucumbers, Gherkins, and worst of all, Mushrooms - YUK!!!!
    [/IMG]
    I adore gherkins.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Oooh we had one of those at Outbacks in Orlando. It was great.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
    I know someone who works in agriculture, they're allowed to gather all the onions from the field that are too small to be picked by the harvester (they're normally just left to rot) anyway once peeled and pickled with a jalapeno pepper in each jar, a few months later make the nicest pickled onions I've ever tasted.

Pickled Mushrooms = Compressed Slugs...

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    Get some culture will you? A Gibson is what sophisticated, civilised gents like wot I is enjoy.

It's a drink originally produced to be an improvement on the Dry Martini. A cocktail onion replaces the disgusting, slimy olive that normally ruins a good drink.
    Was The Net! With Sandra Bullock, pretty poor film....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X