• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Favourite onion based snacks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    Get some culture will you? A Gibson is what sophisticated, civilised gents like wot I is enjoy.

It's a drink originally produced to be an improvement on the Dry Martini. A cocktail onion replaces the disgusting, slimy olive that normally ruins a good drink.
    It sounds utterly revolting. Would be marginally improved with an olive I'd say.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
      Onion rings – proper ones in batter not “breadcrumbs”
      Best ones I've found are Farmfoods, with other brands you run the risk of them not being a proper onion ring inside but a kind of oniony mush.
      Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
      "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Pickled onions from a jar?
        I know someone who works in agriculture, they're allowed to gather all the onions from the field that are too small to be picked by the harvester (they're normally just left to rot) anyway once peeled and pickled with a jalapeno pepper in each jar, a few months later make the nicest pickled onions I've ever tasted.
        "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
          Get some culture will you? A Gibson is what sophisticated, civilised gents like wot I is enjoy.

It's a drink originally produced to be an improvement on the Dry Martini. A cocktail onion replaces the disgusting, slimy olive that normally ruins a good drink.
          Was The Net! With Sandra Bullock, pretty poor film....

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
            I know someone who works in agriculture, they're allowed to gather all the onions from the field that are too small to be picked by the harvester (they're normally just left to rot) anyway once peeled and pickled with a jalapeno pepper in each jar, a few months later make the nicest pickled onions I've ever tasted.
            Every time I go to Russia I have to endure pickled Onions, Cucumbers, Gherkins, and worst of all, Mushrooms - YUK!!!!

Pickled Mushrooms = Compressed Slugs...

Comment

Oooh we had one of those at Outbacks in Orlando. It was great.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Every time I go to Russia I have to endure pickled Onions, Cucumbers, Gherkins, and worst of all, Mushrooms - YUK!!!!
                [/IMG]
                I adore gherkins.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  I adore gherkins.
                  Pickled though?

Comment

Was The Net! With Sandra Bullock, pretty poor film....
                    Ah, I was going to suggest North by Northwest.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    I adore gherkins.
                    I love gherkins too, especially good dill pickles. Much prefer them to pickled onions.

Comment

Pickled though?
                      The ones from a jar never seem to taste as nice as the ones in a McDonalds burger, I'm guessing they're fresh.

Comment

Working...
                      X